Shinkos Plus Some Other Goodies - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By EnjoyingTheJourney
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Shinkos Plus Some Other Goodies

Hello All

1700 miles total, +-700 off pavement. Headed to Utah so I thought some mods would be a good idea.

Added Shinkos today, 804/805, big tires but feel both nimble and surprisingly smooth on pavement. Previously added: Barkbusters Storm hand guards, they seem very strong. Rox 2 inch risers set fwd a bit. 6-1, 190lbs. Rally raid adds: Frame mounted engine guard, I recommend it but noticed a cpl. incomplete welds . RR tall tinted windscreen, RR level 2 suspension w/ rear hydraulic preload adjuster. Rides great, firm, comfy catching a lil airtime and still quite fast on the twisties. BMW Motorad rear soft bag w/ a cpl. molle bags strapped on.

Still searching for a tank bag, I didnt think the BMW motorad tank bag fit very well, overhang. A new exhaust would be nice, Ive heard some can add another 10%, maybe upgraded lights too, time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3488.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	11244   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3486.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	11248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	11250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	11252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3481.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	11254  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3476.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	11256  
Fred likes this.
EnjoyingTheJourney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 252
Very nice!!! 👍 Enjoy Utah too - some fantastic riding there...

Last edited by Tripod; 09-13-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Tripod is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Posts: 155
How are the cable lengths with the ROX bar risers?
Zente is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
The stock cables were long enough to accommodate the 2 in. risers without any issues.
EnjoyingTheJourney is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Posts: 155
Very cool they look good and will help me alot I think. Thank you for the info. And good looking mods. Keep it shiny side up and have fun.
Zente is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Junior Member
 
High Desert Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 11
Nicely done! I’m getting the Shinkos next week. Rode GJ to the Dolores today with a Koko/White Rim trip planned next month. Your bike looks great and jealous of the RR suspension! Have a great time🤙🏽
High Desert Rider is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyingTheJourney View Post
Hello All

1700 miles total, +-700 off pavement. Headed to Utah so I thought some mods would be a good idea.

Added Shinkos today, 804/805, big tires but feel both nimble and surprisingly smooth on pavement. Previously added: Barkbusters Storm hand guards, they seem very strong. Rox 2 inch risers set fwd a bit. 6-1, 190lbs. Rally raid adds: Frame mounted engine guard, I recommend it but noticed a cpl. incomplete welds . RR tall tinted windscreen, RR level 2 suspension w/ rear hydraulic preload adjuster. Rides great, firm, comfy catching a lil airtime and still quite fast on the twisties. BMW Motorad rear soft bag w/ a cpl. molle bags strapped on.

Still searching for a tank bag, I didnt think the BMW motorad tank bag fit very well, overhang. A new exhaust would be nice, Ive heard some can add another 10%, maybe upgraded lights too, time will tell.
ETJ - thoughts on RR engine guards and skid plate? I canít find another integrated option. Iím taking delivery of my cosmic black ride tomorrow. Your bike looks awesome!
[email protected] is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 04:11 AM
Senior Member
 
MichaelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 318
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyingTheJourney View Post
Still searching for a tank bag...
Check out the Wolfman "Blackhawk" bag.



Full size pic here: https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycl..._150056-X3.jpg

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
MichaelJ is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
ETJ - thoughts on RR engine guards and skid plate? I canít find another integrated option. Iím taking delivery of my cosmic black ride tomorrow. Your bike looks awesome!

I like the design a lot. Looks great and is definitely secure and protective. My only complaint is that a cpl. of the welds didn't span the entire circum. of the joints, still very strong.
EnjoyingTheJourney is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Check out the Wolfman "Blackhawk" bag.



Full size pic here: https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycl..._150056-X3.jpg



Thanks, I think that might be the best option so far.
EnjoyingTheJourney is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New mods and first small crash High Desert Rider BMW G310GS Pictures And Videos 7 09-30-2018 08:13 PM
Mods to my new 310 GS trevgrif22 What did you do to your BMW G310 today? 9 09-07-2018 07:30 AM
Mods TYY Appearance Modifications 7 11-21-2017 10:31 AM
did some mods on my G310R - here it is LABMW BMW G310R Pictures And Videos 7 11-09-2017 03:43 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome