BMW G 310 GS To Go On Sale This November - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

BMW G 310 GS To Go On Sale This November

This is from indianautosblog and I assume it's somewhat accurate since the BMW G 310 GS is being built at TVSí Hosur plant. Right now test rides for journalists are ongoing in Barcelona, Spain and they say the GS will go on sale in Europe in the beginning of November. I'm guessing it'll show up everywhere else at the end of this year or early next year, in time for riding season.
WoodWorks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 11:37 AM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Good find. I await the GS with gloves in hand and my butt planted on the seat of my Truck..... gad I hate waiting.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 12:10 PM

Dealer in Eugene, OR (European Motorcycles of Western Oregon) is expecting late January/early February arrivals on the GS.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM

Garage
I just got mine. The dealer I bought from looked up total inventory coming to the US in the next 60-90 days (Including those here or ordered and on the assembly line in Germany) Total was 93. And only 1 of those coming to Ohio was white and it was a pre-order, that's why I bought it on the spot and had them ship it to me
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 07:54 PM

Still baffles me how Canada got the GS in November of last year and the USA not until just recently.
Mine sits undercover anxiously awaiting spring, whenever that may occur.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:28 PM

I do not understand that either, but I would not be a bit surprised if the reason turned out to be that BMW was awaiting final emissions certification from the State of California. CARB (California Air Resources Board) has unbelievable regulations on emissions standards!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyR50S View Post
CARB (California Air Resources Board) has unbelievable regulations on emissions standards!
I'm a bit out of touch with CARB requirements these days, are they more stringent than Euro 4 even?

"If you think stuff is simple, you really don't understand it..." Albert Einstein
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 AM

I do not yet have exact details on the differences but I do know that the manufacturer has to "jump through hoops" to satisfy (prove to) the state of California that all emissions regulations are fully satisfied. There is a proviso that the catalytic converter and oxygen sensor have to be able to maintain the standard for a given minimum number of years and miles. This test takes a lot of lab work to prove out which is very time consuming and expensive. In a separate section of the regulations, there is also a requirement for fire safety compliance for off road motorcycles. This is nothing new, but each new machine has to go through all the compliance testing to prove to the government that the machine meets the requirements.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad...ctp/hmcctp.htm
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio310GS View Post
I just got mine. The dealer I bought from looked up total inventory coming to the US in the next 60-90 days (Including those here or ordered and on the assembly line in Germany) Total was 93. And only 1 of those coming to Ohio was white and it was a pre-order, that's why I bought it on the spot and had them ship it to me
I thought the BMW 310s were manufactured only by TVS for BMW in India.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 12:59 PM

The machine is made in India
From a previous thread on the forum, it appears that the GS has a shipping tag indicates that the product is shipped from Berlin, Germany but a dealer indicated something to the effect that Berlin was a final assembly and quality checkpoint before the product was shipped to the dealers. Please review the thread.

https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/194-...html#post55586

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page