• 1 Post By Tickster
  • 1 Post By Old and Slow
  • 1 Post By Zente
  • 1 Post By sunster

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
San Diego Pricing

The San Diego BMW dealer just gave me a pricing quote on a 2018 G310GS. He told me all of his inventory was covered by the "Stop Sale" order.

In addition to MSRP and Destination fees, this dealer represented that he "Had To" charge me a $492 Handling and Setup Fee, Plus a $3.50 Tire Fee, for a total cost before tax and licence of $6,435.50.

Calif Tax and License brought the Total Price to $7,264.18

I wasn't feeling good about this local salesman, so I said I wanted to think about his offer. I may have to visit additional dealers.

Are the Handling and Tire fees " normal"?

What have other recently been quoted?

Seemed Very strange, since his inventory was under a Stop Sale order.

Your comments are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92029 View Post
The San Diego BMW dealer just gave me a pricing quote on a 2018 G310GS. He told me all of his inventory was covered by the "Stop Sale" order.

In addition to MSRP and Destination fees, this dealer represented that he "Had To" charge me a $492 Handling and Setup Fee, Plus a $3.50 Tire Fee, for a total cost before tax and licence of $6,435.50.

Calif Tax and License brought the Total Price to $7,264.18

I wasn't feeling good about this local salesman, so I said I wanted to think about his offer. I may have to visit additional dealers.

Are the Handling and Tire fees " normal"?

What have other recently been quoted?

Seemed Very strange, since his inventory was under a Stop Sale order.

Your comments are appreciated.
First off the stop sale actually means they cannot deliver to the customer, but they can still sell them.
Secondly, handling and tire fees are normal charges.
Now, you could negotiate and haggle a better deal, especially in the current situation of the stop sale.
Maybe you should buy one in Canada, with the exchange rate the way it is you could save a lot.
Then when the fix is done, have a nice drive down the Pacific Coast Highway home.
dave92029 likes this.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickster View Post
Then when the fix is done, have a nice drive down the Pacific Coast Highway home.
I have enjoyed riding from Canada to San Diego several times, But I wonder if the snow will begin the fall before BMW lifts this Stop Sale Order LOL
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:28 PM

I was buying a 50 CC for grandkids for Christmas and had a dealer offer a $1400 MSRP for $999. Sounded good until he then said there was an $1200 addition for fees.When time to shop for a bike for me, that was one dealer not on the list. He was not a BMW dealer.

Each dealer sets their own OTD price. Negotiate, talk to several dealers since you can't take a bike home tonight anyway. Obviously sales taxes, if there any in you state, will be based on the sales price.

When pricing a 310, one dealer added destination charge on top of the $4999 for an R. It is included in the price as is setup payment to dealer. He also added some other fees as well. My dealer in Daytona is on the Atlantic ocean so would be a long trip to pick up even with a very good price.
dave92029 likes this.

Bob

2018 G310R Strato Blue
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:48 PM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Dave

Call BMW Motorcycles of Escondido talk with Rudy ( Sales ) and or Earl ( Finance ) they will set you up. They are closed Sunday and Monday. 760-615-0476 . My Pearl White ( extra $100 ) 2018 GS was $6816.80 ( Out the door ) that was tax , title, license, all fees etc and the bike. They are over charging a lot at San Diego BMW.

Tell Rudy - Todd Maki told you to talk with him. ( It wont get you ( or me ) anything but at least he knows I referred you to him.
dave92029 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and Slow View Post
I was buying a 50 CC for grandkids for Christmas and had a dealer offer a $1400 MSRP for $999. Sounded good until he then said there was an $1200 addition for fees.
WHAT?
Extra zero I am thinking....

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Trickster

NO! Told my SIL same fees on a 50CC or a Goldwing.

Bob

2018 G310R Strato Blue
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickster View Post
First off the stop sale actually means they cannot deliver to the customer, but they can still sell them.
Secondly, handling and tire fees are normal charges.
Now, you could negotiate and haggle a better deal, especially in the current situation of the stop sale.
Maybe you should buy one in Canada, with the exchange rate the way it is you could save a lot.
Just as a reference, before this whole recall hammer that came down, i was at the point of getting quotes from a few dealers here in Canada and average was around $6850 cad which today is $5,184.99 usd.

One dealer actually came back with $6500cad because he didn't include the stupid doc/admin fee which the others were including which ranged from $199 to $299.

I've been in touch with these dealers since the recall went official here and even though they seem to all have different info, they all stated that it's a stop sale so no use even going in to finalize sale maybe till the end of Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92029 View Post
I have enjoyed riding from Canada to San Diego several times, But I wonder if the snow will begin the fall before BMW lifts this Stop Sale Order LOL
That really must be a great trip. Hey funny thing is, one of the dealers was so aggressive in his sales pitch to me, he stated that i have no need to look at other bike makes because only BMW riders are able to ride in our Canadian winters lol.
dave92029 likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:42 AM

BMW Motorcycles of Escondido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zente View Post
Dave

Call BMW Motorcycles of Escondido talk with Rudy ( Sales ) and or Earl ( Finance ) they will set you up. They are closed Sunday and Monday. 760-615-0476 . My Pearl White ( extra $100 ) 2018 GS was $6816.80 ( Out the door ) that was tax , title, license, all fees etc and the bike. They are over charging a lot at San Diego BMW.

Tell Rudy - Todd Maki told you to talk with him. ( It wont get you ( or me ) anything but at least he knows I referred you to him.
I also recommend BMW Motorcycles of Escondido. Just stopped in there today to scope the 310 and the guys were straight shooters.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page