2018 G310GS with full Rally-Raid kit - $6000 California - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
JMo

2018 G310GS with full Rally-Raid kit - $6000 California

As per the title, I've decided the time has come to sell my G310GS after all... and I've priced it to sell quickly.

If you'd been following my ride report (link here) during last year, you'll probably know all about this bike already, but as a quick summary:

I purchased this bike brand new in April 2018 in Virginia, and immediately fitted the first Rally-Raid Products 'Adventure' kit in the US to it - then spent the next six months travelling all over the US and up into Canada a couple of times too! The current mileage is a little over 17,500 and has had all the dealer servicing (plus more frequent oil changes) required to date.

The bike is registered until May 2019 with a clear Title in California, and it is currently situated in San Jose.

note. as with a handful of G310GSs last year, this bike has been subject to a recall for the side-stand, and I can confirm that BMW have agreed to completely replace the frame - which is it currently booked in for, so will be available fresh and ready to go from early Feb onwards.

The basic bike was delivered to me with the following dealer supplied upgrades - factory colour-matched black fairing side panels and tail unit, together with replacing the OEM rear rack with the G310R model grab handles and tail trim.

Overview: As you can see, the most obvious upgrades are the Rally-Raid heavy-duty spoked wheel kit and uprated/adjustable front and rear suspension (LEVEL 1= standard travel length), together with their cradle style engine guard and the R&G Tail-tidy - which dramatically changes the overall look/stance of the bike, and makes it a much more focussed dual-sport off-highway performer, while not giving anything away on-road either.

In more detail: the following [Rally-Raid Products and other] upgraded parts & accessories have been fitted:

• RR LEVEL 1 rear shock with hydraulic preload adjuster

• RR LEVEL 1 fork kit

• RR Tubed spoked wheel kit (black rims)

• RR engine guard (pre-production, but basically the same as the one you can buy now)

• RR/Scorpion exhaust system (the non-cat version, although a cat is available from RR if required)

• R&G tail-tidy

• R&G side-stand shoe

• R&G radiator guard

• RR billet Fat-bar risers/top clamp & packer set

• RR dual USB power socket (flush mounted in dash)

• Renthal RC High bend bars

• Barkbuster Storm hand-guards

• Continental TKC80 tyres (100/90x19 front, 140/80x17 rear)

• 15T front sprocket, and ProTaper gold O-ring chain.

A quick tot-up and that equates to a little over $3,700 USD worth of upgrades and accessories (including tyres) at the current exchange rate.

In addition, I will also include the Rally-Raid tinted tall windshield (lightly used for 746 miles... in one hit!) and their combo wheel spanner, together with all the brand new OEM take-off parts including:

OEM front and rear cast wheels (no tyres)

OEM exhaust system

OEM rear shock

OEM 7/8ths handlebars and risers/clamp

OEM skid-plate

OEM rear fender/tail assembly and rear lamp

As I mentioned above, the bike will also be completely rebuilt by BMW San Jose with a new frame under warranty, even though there seems to be nothing apparently wrong with the original frame, and the bike has been faultless mechanically for the entire and intense time I spent on it last summer.

I'm looking for a quick sale, and while the mileage of 17,500 might be considered a little high for a less than one year old machine, I trust you will agree that will all the upgrades fitted and including the original brand new take-off parts too, that $6,000 USD firm is more than fair as an asking price.

If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to PM me, or ask any questions below - although I think pretty much anything you might want to know about this particular bike, the G310GS in general and the Rally-Raid upgrades has already been comprehensively answered in the ride report mentioned above: Beemer Beemer, Chicken Deener!

Basically this bike totally rocks, but it is now surplus to my requirements, and I have a new project in mind for 2019.

Jenny x

ps. I am not looking to trade this at all, straight cash sale only please. note. If you are looking to purchase from a distance, I'd be happy to collect you from a local airport, or liaise with any shipping company you choose.

Last edited by JMo; 01-07-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
JMo

please note. while this bike is still in excellent mechanical condition, and still very clean and tidy cosmetically (as you can see in the photos above), it has been used off-road, and does have a few scratches and scars here and there.

Along with the odd scuff around the foot-pegs/pedals and exhaust header, there is some signs of wear to the plastic tank panel (directly in front of the seat - from my jacket), but the main areas of paint wear are to the plastic panels below the seat - see below:

...which was from where my Giant Loop Coyote bag rubbed the paint over many thousands of miles.

Personally I kind of like that rubbed patina look (you'd pay a bucket of cash for the same 'rubbed through to the metal' effect from a custom paint-shop ;o) on the side panels, but equally they would be simple to repaint them should you desire.

As I say, this bike was used for an extensive multi-terrain adventure and dual-sport ride last summer and covered quite a lot of miles over a short period (I worked it out at around 64 riding days in total). However, if you know me, you'll know I always take very good care of my bikes, and do my best not to crash or ride with undue care on or off road.

Jx
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
JMo

In case anyone was worried about luggage - it's perfectly set up for lightweight touring (plenty more photos in the links above to the ride report too):

Jx
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
JMo

The bike has now had it's frame replaced under warranty and is rebuilt and ready to go...

Price reduced to $6000.00 - including all OEM take-off parts - available from Tuesday 29th January in San Jose CA.

Jx
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
JMo

I can't edit the original post/title on this thread...

I am open to offers for this bike for a quick sale now.

Jenny x
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
JMo

Just picked my bike up from the dealer (San Jose BMW) this morning, having had the frame changed under warranty for the side-stand recall... for info. a few photos showing the changes:

They have done an excellent job, you can't tell the bike has even been apart!

Jx
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JMo

Just to let you all know, this bike is provisionally SOLD now - many thanks for looking!

Jenny x
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:57 AM

Someone got a SWEET deal. If anyone else is selling a Rally Raid GS for $6 let me know!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page