Fun and value - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By R1deS1uT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Fun and value

This is my number 50 motorcycle purchase. Great for the price, three year warranty and ABS. The light weight, low seat and tractable motor make it so easy to ride at all speeds. I knew with 34 horsepower and 313cc it was no race bike. For riding in town and the twisties it gets the job done. I recommend it to new or experienced riders. It makes me smile all the time. I didn't buy it for touring but it can cruise at 60 to 70 mph easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Agree! I bought a white one for my daughter a few weeks ago at MOD and have taken it for a few rides myself. What a blast! This bike brought the kid out of me again. Too much fun. Enjoy your ride, and we may be crossing paths on the parkway sometime soon. Cheers!

Ian
2012 BMW K1600GTL Royal Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Harley Screaming Eagle Deuce (sold)
2009 Suzuki Vstrom 650 DL (sold)

Daughter
2018 BMW G310R Pearl White
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Honda GROM (sold)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM

Garage
I did the skyline drive and blue ridge parkway last year (2016) and you are lucky guys with these roads in your backyard.
The only thing was ...... we were in a car !!!!!!!
Being on vacation for 4weeks you need some room for luggage and the G was not out then.

In 1990 I did the skyline drive for the first time on my BMW K75, flown in from the Netherlands. We toured the US from New York to Midland (mi), to Nashville and headed north to Washington DC and New York on the skyline drive.
It was like a racetrack and at certain parts I was doing 75mi/hr. till ........ we got stopped by the park police (when caught by the radar I was doing 58 in a 35 zone)
The officer asked for our driving license and I handed him my international driving license.
I opened it at the chinese page.
Then he looked at the driving license, looked at our big yellow license plate and then to my eyes .... again to the driving license, number plate and my eyes and he decided ............ (i do not know what to do with it), you can go butch obey the speed limit.

great roads to ride but the speed limit sucks
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Agree. 35 mph? That's inhumane.

But Iíve been pleasantly surprised at the number of cops who have pulled me over (rarely) for being a little happy with the throttle hand, and have let me off with nothing more than a warning.

But I always take off my helmet and smile and admit (lie) that I wasnít paying attention to my speed, and Officer... this road is sooooo much fun to ride!

I think a lot of those cops out there on the highway are riders in their civilian lives.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yep, good idea to take off helmet if you are being pulled over by the cops, it removes a barrier between you and the police officer. Also make sure you turn off your bike.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 04:31 AM

Garage
"Fun and value.. great for the price."

+1 that right there.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2019 Honda CB500X
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
"Fun and value.. great for the price."

+1 that right there.
After patiently waiting for its release, I finally got to throw my leg over a 310gs this morning, A bit higher than Id hoped for but still able to flat toe it, took it for a quick ride on the highway, 120kph smooth easy, very comfortable sitting up high, then along some bumpy patchwork twisties, comfortably soft suspension, engine bright and torquey, It seemed to be as good on the road as it looked on paper,

Id been looking for an allrounder for the stable since moving up country, something light, capable of hwy speeds over 120kph, good on bumpy patchwork backroads as well as a bike that i could explore the many dirt and gravel roads and fire trails that branch up the valleys. On the way back to the shop through traffic, it just kept on ticking boxes. My minds starting to rationalise, "Under AU$8,000, thats sort of good bang for buck " & "If not now well when?"

By the time it got to handing the keys back to the salesman I knew I had to have one, so I put down a deposit, signed the papers and by next week I get to pick up my own G310gs, black.

[IMG]DSC02416 by Pete Gailey, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20171106_11_54_26_Pro by Pete Gailey, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]WP_20171106_11_39_16_Pro (1) by Pete Gailey, on Flickr[/IMG]
Ligkonakos likes this.

Last edited by R1deS1uT; 11-06-2017 at 02:04 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 03:05 PM

Congrats and have fun you can drive all year round
I drove this morning in 6 degrees celsius brrrr
Got now 185km,s on the bike sofar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page