G310 Insurance - Page 4 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 01:56 AM

Hi folks,

I have a BMW G310R here in Thailand , from new the dealer supplied full insurance cover.

Now I need to renew the insurance soon, but the premiums here in Thailand are insane.

The cheapest full cover I can get for a carefull rider with no accidents is;

2018 BMWG310R valued at $4500 usd , $700 usd, I pay first $1000 of a claim!!!

I would like to think Motorad Thailand can organise some sensible cover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyg View Post
Hi folks,

I have a BMW G310R here in Thailand , from new the dealer supplied full insurance cover.

Now I need to renew the insurance soon, but the premiums here in Thailand are insane.

The cheapest full cover I can get for a carefull rider with no accidents is;

2018 BMWG310R valued at $4500 usd , $700 usd, I pay first $1000 of a claim!!!

I would like to think Motorad Thailand can organise some sensible cover!
Is that through the BMW dealer?

My dealer was able to get me insurance at less than half what I could get from other insurers, AU$280 per year, AU$500 excess, AU$20M third party coverage, AU$7,000 coverage for the bike and AU$4,000 for riding gear.

One reason that the insurance is so low is that the bike has ABS. Apparently bikes with ABS are 20-30% less likely to be involved in accidents. Another reason is that I have selected 8,000km or less per year of riding, if I approach more I have to inform the insurance company and have to pay an additional premium.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 07:13 AM

Just been researching my insurance as its due for renewal in couple of weeks.
Here in UK I've used Motorcycle News (MCN Compare), Bike insurer and Comparethemarket.com to get my quotes.
Fully comprehensive, including commuting, me as only rider and 90 days free foreign travel.
Carol Nash insurance £77.17 for the year. Which is exactly half what my current insurance provider (Bennetts) quoted for me to continue their cover.
In UK there seems to be a kind of 'lazy tax', if you continue with same company year on year the premium you pay just goes up and up. Insurance companies work on fact that its easier for people to just keep staying with same firm, but you will pay for it........
When you question your renewal price and give them a price you have quoted it is always the same answer ''that is for new customers''
Same for any insurance in UK - car, home, pet etc.
They will always try and persuade you to buy add ons, like Recovery - do you need that on a vehicle under warranty ? helmet and leathers cover - is that really a must ?
Oh don't make the mistake I've done in the past, they always ask for your contact telephone number, if you give your correct one guaranteed you will get inundated with sales calls. Just get a digit accidentally wrong !
This is a UK based racket, I'm sure other countries will be on the same kind of racket, if not now it soon will be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page