+1 in the waiting room :) - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By heap
  • 1 Post By jigamanz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

+1 in the waiting room :)

Hi,
New member here, been riding for 25 years, owned a bunch of different bikes of different styles. Now my need is mainly for commuting (30km daily). I was aiming at a CB300F and then saw BMW putting out this G310R which was more appealing to me. Not much different models offered in small displacement "naked" segment in my market. I've put one on order and expecting delivery mid-June here in Quebec, Canada. Never even sat on the bike as I've missed the motorcycle show early in the year and none where in the showroom when I went to the dealer. (I have the option to opt-out if when I sit it I don't like it - so I'm not "forced" to buy it.).
I'm a little concerned with reliability since this is the first year of a new model (generally speaking there are often things/small defects corrected over the following years of a model appearance), and I'm here to try and find the more feedback possible, but it seems not much people are actually riding theirs. Most of us still waiting
Reflections234 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Glad to have someone with so much experience riding on here, but it sucks that you didn't get a chance to at least sit on one at the shows. Give it a little bit of time and we'll definitely have more owners in here that'll post feedback and impressions.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:11 PM

Hi man,

Just wanted to say that my G310R which I've done about 500 miles on so far it's going great. I know when they first released in the UK there was a recall straight away to change some bolts and a couple other little changes, but nothing big!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Garage
Hey, speaking from Toronto here. I also have a preorder for the bike and already have my VIN number and the bike is in transit. Should be here in the next couple of weeks. I sat on the bike at the show and it was truly a perfect fit for me. I have been in touch with my dealership and they have given everything including the factory build docs and all. I am looking very forward to the bike. My friend here also writes for DoubleClutch.ca and he rides and tests bikes for a living. He said it was one of the best bikes he has rode. He got a chance to go to the press event in California. First Ride: 2017 BMW G310R | DoubleClutch.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by heap View Post
Hi,
New member here, been riding for 25 years, owned a bunch of different bikes of different styles. Now my need is mainly for commuting (30km daily). I was aiming at a CB300F and then saw BMW putting out this G310R which was more appealing to me. Not much different models offered in small displacement "naked" segment in my market. I've put one on order and expecting delivery mid-June here in Quebec, Canada. Never even sat on the bike as I've missed the motorcycle show early in the year and none where in the showroom when I went to the dealer. (I have the option to opt-out if when I sit it I don't like it - so I'm not "forced" to buy it.).
I'm a little concerned with reliability since this is the first year of a new model (generally speaking there are often things/small defects corrected over the following years of a model appearance), and I'm here to try and find the more feedback possible, but it seems not much people are actually riding theirs. Most of us still waiting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	490  
LiquidCool likes this.

Jigamanz
Canada 🇨🇦
2018 BMW G310R
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 05:26 AM

I understand why they put display bikes on center stands like that, but it doesn't allow for sag for an accurate height fitment.

You must be excited to break it in now that the weather is improving.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCool View Post
I understand why they put display bikes on center stands like that, but it doesn't allow for sag for an accurate height fitment.

You must be excited to break it in now that the weather is improving.
That's why I tend to correlate what publications report to what the reps at shows say and finally my own first take at the shows. Taking it a step further you can just find out which dealer will take delivery first. But even the former correlations can be good enough.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigamanz View Post
My friend here also writes for DoubleClutch.ca and he rides and tests bikes for a living. He said it was one of the best bikes he has rode. He got a chance to go to the press event in California. First Ride: 2017 BMW G310R | DoubleClutch.ca
Must have been nice to be able to ride a bike before everyone else. That way you'll have a good feel of how it turns and the suspension over bumps/holes.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 AM

That's another thing though, everyone has different preferences on how they think a bike should feel and all of that. It's really up to the individual ultimately.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:43 AM

The g310r was designed to appeal to new riders and those with a few more years under their belts. So it's not going to be the epitome of performance and comfort, but if it can appeal to the highest denominator then it can't be bad.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 AM

It's a nice all arounder in that respect kind of thing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page