3Likes
  • 1 Post By bbbelanger
  • 1 Post By Eccles
  • 1 Post By MichaelJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
JMo

How many posts?

... do you need to make before you can post a photo of your new bike?

I wanted to wait until I'd actually bought a 310GS before officially saying hello - and I was so excited having just paid my deposit that I wanted to post a photo!

Anyway, for the time being - hello there everyone...

I'm going to be in the US this spring and summer (I'm currently in the cold and wet UK), and have just put a deposit on my own US-based G310GS this afternoon!

I'll be building this bike up with the Rally Raid kit, and starting out on the east coast at the Horizons Unlimited event in Virginia (26-29th April) where I'm scheduled to debut my new AV presentation from my Northern Exposure Canada and Northern USA trip last year - before then taking in a series of challenges on this little tyke as I head west for Overland Expo a month later.

I also plan to be all over the US and Canada again during the summer on this new bike, so hope to see some of you along the way!

Jenny x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 07:59 PM

Jenny!

Saw some video on your adventures with the CB500x. Very impressive...Can't wait to see what the G310 can do for you!

Can't really answer your question but i seem to remember it is a question of number of posts...
JMo likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbelanger View Post
Jenny!

Saw some video on your adventures with the CB500x. Very impressive...Can't wait to see what the G310 can do for you!

Can't really answer your question but i seem to remember it is a question of number of posts...
Hi bbbelanger - thank you, yes I'm really excited by the potential in this bike too!

I wondered if it was perhaps 5 or 10 or something (presumably to stop people spamming with external links etc?) but it wasn't obvious how many were required until you're given full access?

I guess I'll just have to start being helpful here too!

That's three at least now ;o)

Jx
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
JMo

I wonder if this facility works...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 BMW G310GS in Cosmic Black (2).JPG
Views:	51
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	5050  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
JMo

Aha - It does!

(I know, it looks like I'm just adding posts to get the initial count up ;o)

Although I bet it turns out I have to post in a number of different threads too?

Jx
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 11:46 PM

Garage
Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum and congrats on a great looking bike. Don't know about the post count, it always just worked for me.

If this helps, 1st upload my pics to the web, in my case SmugMug, then select the 800x600 size URL from image share option. Then paste the URL into the 'Insert Image' toolbar dialog box. They seem to come up a treat.

I like your blacked out screen, looks better than my clear one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 3.32.40 pm.png
Views:	25
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	5058  
JMo likes this.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2019 Honda CB500X
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum and congrats on a great looking bike. Don't know about the post count, it always just worked for me.

If this helps, 1st upload my pics to the web, in my case SmugMug, then select the 800x600 size URL from image share option. Then paste the URL into the 'Insert Image' toolbar dialog box. They seem to come up a treat.

Hi Eccles! - thank you, I'm looking forward to spending some time here!

Yes, I use Smugmug too, but when I tried to post with the URL code I got a message saying I didn't have a high enough post count to include external links yet. I'm hoping it's just because it was my 2nd post, and once the number is up a bit it will work in the usual way - I was just wondering what the limit was. Hopefully I'll be able to celebrate with post #10 ;o)

Jx
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 06:17 AM

Dont' worry too much, it's a matter of a few posts only for links and pictures, less than 10 for me if I remember
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 07:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
I'd offer to swap, but the postage costs from the US to Australia are close to the cost of just buying one. I definitely like your clear one better.

Of course, a rattle can of black paint and you're good. A bit harder to get mine transparent.
Eccles likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 08:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
I'll be building this bike up with the Rally Raid kit, and starting out on the east coast at the Horizons Unlimited event in Virginia (26-29th April)...
More info on the Rally Raid kit, please.

Last year's HU at Appomattox - if you like to travel, you really should attend one:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page