Moi! from Finnsih G310GS owner - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Moi! from Finnsih G310GS owner

I'm Manne. Born a Finn, raised as a Swede and re-imigrated to Finland.
My G310GS BabyGS I switched in for a VW Golf Plus in December and I have never yet driven this BabyGS. I did though take a test drive last summer when the new modell was introduced in Finland. I loved the smoothness of it. The bike has only 22 km on the odo and is awaiting spring before being let out to green pastures of the garage. We still have 30-50 cm snow and this morning temp was -16*C . Although I'm an all-year-round biker, I don't have studed tires for the BabyGS yet. Well actually I have studded tires, but they are currently on rims for a R1200GS.
The BabyGS is undergoing some smaller improvements. From an older bike I had left over Hepco &Becker Junior panniers, so I'm installing carriers for them together with a H&B center stand. As I also hade an older SW-Motech topbox w. holder, I've mounted that too. I've changed the brake/clutch lever to China made adjustable ones and will install a China made radiator protector. The plastic under-ride enginge protector is replaced by a Chineese stainless steel version. To protect ny hands, I've mounted cheap BarkBuster-copys from a local car parts chain (Biltema). For next winter I will probably install heated grips (cheap Chineese) and left over handelbar muffs from Wunderlich. The bike is currently stripped from plastics. I'm going to install a USB-sockets and a power outlet and propably a Bikestart Socket (jump start connector) from Wunderlich that I have left over from my totaled R1200GS. Acctually I bought the BabyGS for my wife, but as she isn't very keen on driving and I totaled my R1200GS last November, I'll propably use the BabyGS for commuting and some singel ride adventure.

Ps. Moi! is Finnish for Hi!

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a beginner on motorcycles, been trying to learn to drive since 1981. So far crashed only 14 bikes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page