Learn how to ride to survive on the streets.
1. Be aware of every vehicle on the road.
2. Anticipate what other cars might do.
3. Plan for an out to get away from a potentially dangerous situation.
4. Put front and rear bicycle running lights so that cars will see you.
5. Always wear protective gear (helmet, gloves, jacket with at least CE Level 1 shoulder and elbow armor and CE Level 2 back protector).
6. Proper motorcycle boots with ankle protection.
7. Proper riding jeans with at least knee protections.
8. Inter intersections cautiously, and watch out for cars running the lights.
9. Don't be the last vehicle waiting at the light. You might get rear-ended.
10. If you are the first vehicle at the light and it turns green, watch out for cars running red lights.
11. Practice low speed turns. Very small circles at very low speed. If you can lock your handlebar while doing circles, you will be better than 90% of the riders.
Now the fun stuff:
1. Practice popping the front wheel up but it requires fine clutch control. Just don't let the cops see you.
1. Forget about bike locks. You have Comprehensive Insurance with $250 deductible, right? Who cares.
2. Don't install action cam on your helmet yet until you are 100% confident riding the bike. It's just another distraction.
Last edited by NIKITAUCLA; 03-19-2019 at 12:58 PM.