Looking at a new g310gs any problems - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Looking at a new g310gs any problems

Hi I’m currently looking at a new bmw 310 gs. Has anyone had any major problems with the bike . Reviews are very mixed so would rather hear from the owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:52 AM

Garage
My bike was off the road for three weeks with a faulty ABS thing. Honestly don't know what it was, and it was off road because it took three weeks to get spare parts from Germany to California (it came by horse drawn carriage I think).

Fixed under warranty.

Otherwise my G310R is a lovely bike. Not a GS but I think the ABS thing is basically the same.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Welcome Burgo. I recommend you do a search of the forum; there are many threads about common problems on these bikes concerning charging systems, leaking waterpumps and other issues. Personally I've not had any issues on my R that I bought a bit over a year ago. Good luck with your decision!

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:38 AM

I have come to GS world from years and years of bigger sports bikes. My only issue the clutch is very light once you get used to it. Headlight has had a brighter bulb, I use quite often in dark and fitted a extender to the rear brake lever and a larger screen. But No faults at all, just my personalisation to make more user friendly for myself.
Other than that a great little bike, won't be going back to bigger sports bikes. I recommend it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgo1984 View Post
Hi I’m currently looking at a new bmw 310 gs. Has anyone had any major problems with the bike . Reviews are very mixed so would rather hear from the owners.
4000km with 3 waterpump replacement and alternator. Think twice. If i were you, i will look for japanese bike.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Make sure you get a good dealer, they can make the world of difference, best to have one that has a large service department as well.

The dealer that I use has been around for over a hundred years, great service, no cost shock, and everything is explained in comprehensive detail.

P.S. 3 year warranty (at least here in Australia), and make sure that when you buy the bike you get them to agree to provide you with a loaner bike if anything goes wrong, you can't go wrong with that.

Last edited by porth; 06-05-2019 at 07:04 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:39 AM

So far the only issue I've had is with the ABS and check engine lights coming on when it was new. The dealer updated the software and no problems since. I only have 2000km on it at this point.

Red 2018 G310GS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page