BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

New G310r owner

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bas310 
#1 ·
Hi i am a downsizer and not yet aclimatised to my new bike 18reg with 400 miles on

#2 · (Edited)
Hi,
If you downsized you must have done this for a reason, mine was after nearly 50 years of ride all makes of bikes up to 1000cc I have been downsizing over the last ten years because moving a large bike around was becoming more of a physical problem, riding a big bike is not a problem as many will agree. I joined this BMW G310 forum before I purchased or took a new 2019 G310r out for a test ride asked the same question as you and as I am sure you will get many positive replies from other owners who have downsized. My last bike was a 2016 SV650 which on paper has more than 2x the power of the BMW G310 but in actual riding I still cannot believe I am riding a 313cc single, yes you have to rev it a lot more but once you get used to this it will have no problems on the road where I live there are busy roads like the A3, A27, M27 and I have never found a problem, unless you want the arm wrenching power of a bigger bike. At my first service I asked if the clutch could be adjusted as you probably know by now takes some getting used to, and they adjusted the clutch to change the point the clutch starts to engage to midway (like normal clutches do) this has to be done at the main adjuster not by giving more free play at the lever. This has now made the bike normal no more stalling or jerky slow riding. You will see a number of problems and issues posted but with all my different makes I have owned including BMW, Triumph and Suzuki I have never owned any bike that has not had problems or recalls on the user forums, you have to take these into account but I can say these are normally in the minority and you never hear of the thousands of owners who never have had a problem!! The more you ride the G310r the more your be pleased with your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.