Hi from India - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Hi from India

Hello there folks! A couple of days back I bought my first bike, the G310R in Racing Red. Looking forward to a great journey with G310 folks ✌️
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CD14F5CB-F057-4BBE-8936-1F0104F61190_1583682192153.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	14136  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 02:16 PM

Welcome Rahul, from Finland. The G310 is a nice motorcycle. Excellent for beginners and easy to modify to suit even more experienced riders, especially the GS.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Hasselman for the warm welcome. While a 310 cc bike might be called as a beginner friendly bike in the West, here in India we have bikes starting at 100 cc 😄
For me the biggest hurdle at the moment is avoiding stalling in 1st gear. The bike is just 22 kms old and I think with time I will get used to it 😊
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thank you Hasselman for the warm welcome. While a 310 cc bike might be called as a beginner friendly bike in the West, here in India we have bikes starting at 100 cc 😄
For me the biggest hurdle at the moment is avoiding stalling in 1st gear. The bike is just 22 kms old and I think with time I will get used to it 😊
Welcome to the forum. Yes, you'll get used to it. Spend plenty of time in an empty parking lot practicing stop and start and slow maneuvers. I practiced stop/starts in second gear to get a hang of the clutch.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 12:32 PM

Location: San Antonio, TX during winter & Moosehead Lake, ME during summer
Welcome from Texas, USA. I think you will like your 310R very much. And I especially like your red model. I don't think that is a color we can get in the U.S.

I bought my 310R because my BMW K75S became too heavy for me to handle comfortably and I am very pleased. I do not call my 310R a beginner bike because I've been riding since the 1960s and have owned something like 18 motorcycles over the years. I like to think of it as a small, nimble, well handling light weight sport bike. It's perfect for the two lane back roads that I ride almost exclusively.

Congratulations and safe riding.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post

Welcome to the forum. Yes, you'll get used to it. Spend plenty of time in an empty parking lot practicing stop and start and slow maneuvers. I practiced stop/starts in second gear to get a hang of the clutch.
Thank you mate! Yup it seems it will require some practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Welcome from Texas, USA. I think you will like your 310R very much. And I especially like your red model. I don't think that is a color we can get in the U.S.

I bought my 310R because my BMW K75S became too heavy for me to handle comfortably and I am very pleased. I do not call my 310R a beginner bike because I've been riding since the 1960s and have owned something like 18 motorcycles over the years. I like to think of it as a small, nimble, well handling light weight sport bike. It's perfect for the two lane back roads that I ride almost exclusively.

Congratulations and safe riding.
Thank you 👍
Yes the Red colour seems to be India specific. Though I do like the blue colour as well instead of which we got the red.

Agreed on your take on the G310R not being a proper beginner bike as it does have enough power to intimate a beginner like me. But I like it’s dual nature. Right now the ODO stands at just 58 kms so I haven’t pushed it but the mid range seems to have some decent mid range grunt.

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-09-2020 at 04:35 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 12:46 PM

Garage
[email protected]
Welcome to the forum.
The color of your bike looks great. This is the new 2020 color (?)

Try to get as many kilometers on the clock as possible to get used to the bike and build up your experience as a motorcycle driver.
Be aware of other roads users because most of the time the donít see you or think you are riding a 50 cc and still far away :-(
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 08:00 PM

Welcome! Most of us stalled our 310 when we first got it, especially if we were used to larger engines. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. Also, you can add a bit of slack to the clutch lever to make it engage a bit sooner, just don't adjust too much. This helped me a lot.

Red 2018 G310GS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page