Frog spit - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By porth

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Frog spit

I picked up some frog spit (it's a trade mark, not actual spit) anti-fog liquid from my local dive shop.

Put it on my visor and it works a treat! I had previously been cutting up potatoes and using them

Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is looking for a good anti-fog solution.
angiedave and Ligkonakos like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is looking for a good anti-fog solution.
I've just bought a new helmet and made sure it had a pin-lock insert with it - I've heard they are very effective. I'm hoping so because I have big issues on my ride to work - I ride down into a valley and then up and over hills and back down to another valley, when it's cold my visors always fog up like crazy as I ride out of the cold in to the warmer, more humid air up above. And then I'm heading east a lot of the way too, sunstrike...

I'll let you know...

"If you think stuff is simple, you really don't understand it..." Albert Einstein
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Let us know how the pin-lock insert goes, I was looking into this but didn't think that it would work that well because of the other areas of the visor not covered by the pin-lock.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
Let us know how the pin-lock insert goes, I was looking into this but didn't think that it would work that well because of the other areas of the visor not covered by the pin-lock.
On mine, the pin-lock insert covers the entire area of the visor that you can see through. So far, the weather isn't going to be conducive to getting a good test...

"If you think stuff is simple, you really don't understand it..." Albert Einstein
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 03:33 PM

My helmet has pinlock and it works really really well. Only fog is in the low center for about 1 second after each breath if i am riding in rain but can only see it when trying to look at your nose. Was one of the reasons i got the helmet i got was for it as even in the shop all the others fogged up completely while the ones with pinlock didnt fog up at all.

But as NZWestie knows, we havent had a chance to test it in cold weather.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Mine is an open face helmet (shoei J cruise), so the visor is larger than normal, it has pin-lock but would have a large area not covered. I was able to keep the visor down even when waiting at the lights for 2 minutes without fogging up. I did notice some fog on the upper edge, probably didn't apply properly there as the visor was resting on that edge when I applied the frog spit.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Seems like a bit of an oversight on their behalf right? Only problem with pinlock is i get dust/hair stuck between the two layers. Not a huge deal as if i was motivated its easy enough to take off and give it a wipe.

I have an LS2 Valiant. Sometimes i ride around without the chin bar down and it feels a lot more fresh, but it looks vary alien looking when its at the back. The J cruise looks really good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page