Akrapovic on a GS - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Akrapovic on a GS

Seeing that the part numbers ended up being the same between the R and GS, I removed the Akra from the 310R and installed it on the 310GS.

It fits fine except for the bracket that attaches to a bush on the frame at the foot peg. Seeing as these are in different locations on the two bikes, Akropovic must be suppling a different bracket for the GS version.

I jury rigged it for the time being until I can source the correct bracket.

Goose is now more lively , and Hooli a bit neutered

porth, greekgeek and GermanMachine like this.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2017 BMW G310 R (Hooli) - SW-Motech Evo adjustable foot pegs, Dominator S/S GP exhaust
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:33 PM

Is it just a slip on?
How does it sound?
Did you need to retune?
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
Is it just a slip on?
Yes the can is a slip-on with the Akra, however note with the G310ís, it is a full system replacement only.
Quote:
How does it sound?
Sounds great, adds useful performance gain as well. Nice low growl and pops on the off throttle.
Quote:
Did you need to retune?
No retune necessary, the ECU copes with it fine.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2017 BMW G310 R (Hooli) - SW-Motech Evo adjustable foot pegs, Dominator S/S GP exhaust
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 04:09 AM

did you use a special tool/spanner for the exhaust bolts?they look weird but i suppose a normal hex key would be ok
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes, they are a little different, however I had no problem using an 11mm (best recollection) ring spanner.

The garage

2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 09:00 PM
efu

did you put a heath shield? we are burning our legs here in bali
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
No, no heat shield, however I will look at getting a strap in sheild so that I don't melt the heals of my boots.

Also, it was a 10mm 'good quality' ring spanner, apparently the header clamp nuts can be stripped if not careful.

The garage

2018 BMW R1200GS Tour
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Also, it was a 10mm 'good quality' ring spanner, apparently the header clamp nuts can be stripped if not careful.
It's actually an E16 Star or Torx socket. Using a standard socket is likely to damage the bolt head.

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:40 AM
efu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
No, no heat shield, however I will look at getting a strap in sheild so that I don't melt the heals of my boots.
yes, it get's pretty hot. normal driving is ok for me, but sometimes when ranging the bike it burns .
We will are about to build our own heat shield, everyone in the garage has a brand mark from here
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
It's actually an E16 Star or Torx socket. Using a standard socket is likely to damage the bolt head.
Ah thanks MichaelJ, should add one to the toolkit. Having done a few exhaust transplants now, I've been fortunate to not have not had an issue with the 10mm Sydchrome (canna hand a man a Granda spanner - 60's marketing) .

The garage

2018 BMW R1200GS Tour

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page