High idling and high temp. - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

High idling and high temp.

Well have beem riding my g310GS for about 2 months now and i've clocked 4700km. Well here are some issues i need help with.

1. High idling
Everyday when i start my bike, it idles at 4000rpm fixed till i ride for abit. After that while at nuetral, it keep jumps from 2500rpm-4000rpm. Constant up and down. Is it normal or is there a way to fix it?

2.vibration.
The vibration i get from the bike seems to get worst. I can't recal having intense vibration since my early days with the bike. But currently it actually starts to annoy me on foot pegs, handle bar and tank area.

3.bike temp
Well this cause i have a high feeling its because of issue no.1 and also i live in a pretty humid country, singapore.

Nevertheless, i've loved this bike ever since i saw a pic of it online. If only i can solve all this issues i would be really happy and ride with pride. So please, anything anyone has to say about my issues, help me out. Hope to solve mainly issue no.1 asap.

Thank you ,
Irfan
Singapore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:16 PM

1. The idling problem needs to be looked at by a dealer. Definitely not normal. Mine idles high-ish, about 1700 rpm, but never fluctuates like yours.

2. The vibration might be a problem, but I don't know what you consider to be an "intense" level. It is a single cylinder, so you have to expect some. I personally don't feel much with my 310 R, some through the tank, but the pegs, seat and handlebars don't transmit much. At which RPMs do you feel it most?

3. What does your temperature reading say? A number tells you more than a feeling.

2018 G 310 R
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:27 PM

About point 1.
Another member had a very similar problem, might be worth pointing the dealer in that direction.
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/36017-post13.html

The issue was a loose screw in the throttle valve housing. Re-fitting with threadlock seemed to have fixed the problem, as well as putting a lock-nut, not sure if the lock-nut went missing or if there is none by default...
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/36697-post22.html
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/36817-post24.html

'18 G310R
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Hello all the issues you have to see them with the dealer. It's in warranty.

Good luck
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 05:06 AM

I bought mt G310GS recently, and Yes, I am quite surprised with 3 things that I highly didn't expect from a BMW bike.

1) The vibration is just crazy even on gear 4 and 5. The engine is more noisier than even the exhaust.

2) The low torque in this bike is concerning, in sharp turns, the bike seems like its engine is going to turn off any moment.

3)Lastly, This bike fails to stay ON in the morning in 'neutral.' It keeps going off. It only stays on when you rev the throttle about 2 to 3 times.

I hope BMW will find a solution soon!!!
!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 05:19 AM

It seems something is not right with your bike. Mine doesn't do that at all.

2018 G310GS - white
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ligkonakos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksel Tshering View Post
I bought mt G310GS recently, and Yes, I am quite surprised with 3 things that I highly didn't expect from a BMW bike.

1) The vibration is just crazy even on gear 4 and 5. The engine is more noisier than even the exhaust.

2) The low torque in this bike is concerning, in sharp turns, the bike seems like its engine is going to turn off any moment.

3)Lastly, This bike fails to stay ON in the morning in 'neutral.' It keeps going off. It only stays on when you rev the throttle about 2 to 3 times.

I hope BMW will find a solution soon!!!
!
1) I don't have any experience with the GS since I own the R. I'd say that's not normal as I experience very slim vibration even on high RPM. About the engine being noisier than the exhaust I agree, the exhaust is hardly audible if at all.

2) Again I only own the R, but I haven't experienced any low torque moments with the bike; and that's coming from someone who accidentally tried to take off on 2nd gear at a stop and didn't stall.

3) That is definitely not normal. You should check it out at the dealer they will find it out and have it covered by the warranty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page