BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

strange problem at start engine

9K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  XRaiders 
#1 · (Edited)
when I start engine in N gear is ok! when i start with 1 gear shift the bike don't start! the the motorcycle stand switch is ok! when i extend the stand the engine switch off...is a very strange problem, where is the clutch switch that check you are pulling the clutch?
?

#4 ·
This is by design, when you put the stand down in gear the engine will turn off regardless of clutch.

If the engine is turning off when the gear is in neutral there is something wrong.

Or is your problem that the engine will not turn on in gear when the stand is up? this shouldn't happen and something is probably wrong with the clutch switch, this can happen when fitting after market levers.

#11 ·
Do you always start in gear? or do you mostly start in neutral, and the problem only occurs when you start in gear. I know that I always start in neutral, and only start in gear about 3-6 times a year (after an unexplained stall :wink2:, or when I park in gear on an incline).

The aftermarket lever won't give you any problems if you start in neutral, but may give you problems if you try to start in gear, this is why after market levers can be dangerous if not fitted correctly, imagine stalling in traffic, and trying to start quickly in gear to get away from a truck that is coming up behind you.

Do you still have the original clutch lever? refit and see if the problem persists, that way you can eliminate one of the possibilities. If the problem persists with original clutch lever, take it to the dealer and get them to fix it under warranty.

The click of the switch seems to indicate that the lever is actuating the switch. the CRC marine that you sprayed into the switch might be causing the problem (don't mention this to the dealer when you take it in).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.