Top-end growl! - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Top-end growl!

Iím rather concerned about a REALLY loud noise which is heard in any gear between about 5200 and 6000rpm . Itís almost certainly related to the air-intake, but it almost sounds like a thick piece of plastic rattling inside a sealed box!!! The sound builds up gradually between 2k & 5k rpm and then amplifies significantly up to 6k before it then rapidly diminishes (not that I rev it very often beyond 7k!)
Itís really ruining my enjoyment of the bike, particularly when your in traffic and the noise is EXACTLY at the ref spot where you may overtake someone and change up a gear. Itís quite frankly Ďembarrassingí.
Any ideas ? Anyone hear something similar?
The bike has done 4K km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Is this noise, which is directly related to engine revs under load or not, accelerating or decelerating, possibly caused by some part of the airbox/snorkle assembly (because Iíve seen an exposed picture and there are LOTS of parts)?
I simple refuse to believe that NOBODY has heard this noise if itís Ďnormalí for the bike!
Itís embarrassing in traffic, and itís ruining my enjoyment of an otherwise fine machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page