Summer jackets - Page 2 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to esa1178
Hi Paul.
You may already know this since you are in LA.
But here in the Sacramento Valley, in the summer, whether your are doing 30 mph or 80 mph, the heat is still on..
Seattle is looking better and better. I have lived here in the valley for 20 years. Miss the seasons changing.
Moving back to Seattle, after living there in the 90's. The roads in the valley are quite boring for road trips, unless you head up to Reno or go to the coast.
I am European and miss the twist and turns of the mountains and hills. The Washington Cascades, British Columbia and Oregon Dalles are calling my name.

Clear skies & tail winds!

Mark H.
Sacramento, CA
KSAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
My new Fieldsheer is excellent in red and black. I use a windbreaker over the jacket in the cool mornings.
PaulS's comments just reminded me about what i use for extra lining that fits all my jackets and may be of interest to members across the pond in the US and Canada. A few years ago I bought a Bomber style nylon jacket from Quartermaster Uniform outfitters. It was in fact the type NYPD wore ( Blue with a fur collar, think 80s or 90s NYPD Blue etc) It had a Thinsulate removable liner. The jacket was quilted lined without the liner attached, and was /is the warmest jacket. I still have it. and I use the removable liner as an extra liner for my leather touring jacket etc. I have no idea if these liners are sold separately, I'm sure they must be, and probably worth looking into for members for the winter months.

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa1178 View Post
Seattle is looking better and better.
From Sac you can ride less than an hour east or west onto great motorcycling roads almost any time of year. In Washington & Oregon, you loose a lot of good riding to rain. I guess there is no such thing as perfect.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Paul.
You may already know this since you are in LA.
But here in the Sacramento Valley, in the summer, whether your are doing 30 mph or 80 mph, the heat is still on..
Seattle is looking better and better. I have lived here in the valley for 20 years. Miss the seasons changing.
Moving back to Seattle, after living there in the 90's. The roads in the valley are quite boring for road trips, unless you head up to Reno or go to the coast.
I am European and miss the twist and turns of the mountains and hills. The Washington Cascades, British Columbia and Oregon Dalles are calling my name.

Hey esa1178! I live in West Seattle, let me know when you settle in maybe we can go for a ride!

BMW G 310 R Blue Stratto Metallic
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Hi all..
Well it's almost summer here in Sacramento, CA.
Our average high temps now are in the mid to high 80's.
By June we'll be approaching the 100's..
Clearly I do not have the jacket for this heat...
Any suggestions for jackets in hot climates?

Thanks!
I lived in Valencia for 30 years and when it gets up to and over 100 (many times hit 110) there is nothing you can wear that helps. I would wear a t-shirt if I was going to the store or coffee shop. Some daze it was so hot that at a red light the heat coming up off the street was unbearable.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I hear you Paul. I wear a t-shirt to the store. For some reason my air conditioning is not working 😀
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:18 PM

That's why I wear a MESH jacket!.After taking the liner out, its like wearing a t shirt, nice and cool but you still have the armour, and what ever the mesh material provides. I have the mesh trousers, but here in the UK its never THAT hot, to wear it as a suit.i.e. jacket and trousers.

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

>Blackie

I'm a Transplant from the UK, and I miss the summers. Looks like I wont be going to Seattle until next year. So I will have to do some more
research regarding hot weather apparel...

Mark H.
Sacramento, CA
KSAC
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 12:20 PM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Esa If you dont want to spend much but get an acceptable Mesh jacket with lvl 1 shoulder and elbow protection look at the Cycle Gear brand Bilt jackets they haveon sale now. I just looked at one yesterday that was acceptable and was only $120. A lot of people bad mouth Bilt products but if you look at actual customer reviews that had Gone down wearing their equipment all seem to say the jacket , pants etc saved their butts. They may not last as long as a high end jacket but if you go down and they save you does it really matter what you spent.
Blackie likes this.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Zente. I'm torn between the Techno and the Blaze..

Mark H.
Sacramento, CA
KSAC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page