G310GS Adventure kit - FAQs - Page 2 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:18 AM

Jenny, one more thing. are you planning to devise any fuel enrichment system for gs? for 310cc is runs unreasonably weak. i contacted EJK, but they do not plan to make one for this bike....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Jenny, are your tubeless spoke wheels compatible with the OEM tires? And are you thinking of offering any fuel enricher for this bike? it is too weak now for 310cc bike....
Hi Kris - yes, you can certainly fit the OEM tyres to the tubeless Rally-Raid wheels if you wish.

for info. you can also fit the OEM tyres to the [cheaper] tube-type version of the wheels too, you would just have to also fit tubes inside them too of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Jenny, one more thing. are you planning to devise any fuel enrichment system for gs? for 310cc is runs unreasonably weak. i contacted EJK, but they do not plan to make one for this bike....
No, not a specific Rally-Raid product, that is not really something they have the technology to develop in-house.

Personally speaking, I have had good results from using a Power Commander V model on my Yamaha XT660Z rally bike in the past - it produced good gains everywhere, and approximately +4-5bhp at the top end...

However, that was in combination with an open air-box lid, DNA foam air-filter and a short single silencer race (non cat) exhaust - and fundamentally, while I did gain a significant power increase of around 10%, the bike would typically use 20% more fuel - and that is the inherent compromise in 'tuning' an engine of course, more power usually means higher fuel consumption, and on a small capacity 'adventure' bike, I'd suggest that is not really a compromise worth making - especially one with a relatively small fuel tank in the first place.

Ultimately I always drag out the old adage I heard on the Ducati Monster forum many years ago - when people ask the best way to get more power out of a 600cc Monster, the reply was always to sell it, and buy the 900cc Monster instead...

As for the G310GS - from personal experience, fitting the better breathing Scorpion exhaust and also a 15T front sprocket makes the bike feel a lot more lively than stock.

Hope that helps!

Jenny x
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Hi Kris - yes, you can certainly fit the OEM tyres to the tubeless Rally-Raid wheels if you wish.

for info. you can also fit the OEM tyres to the [cheaper] tube-type version of the wheels too, you would just have to also fit tubes inside them too of course.

No, not a specific Rally-Raid product, that is not really something they have the technology to develop in-house.

Personally speaking, I have had good results from using a Power Commander V model on my Yamaha XT660Z rally bike in the past - it produced good gains everywhere, and approximately +4-5bhp at the top end...

However, that was in combination with an open air-box lid, DNA foam air-filter and a short single silencer race (non cat) exhaust - and fundamentally, while I did gain a significant power increase of around 10%, the bike would typically use 20% more fuel - and that is the inherent compromise in 'tuning' an engine of course, more power usually means higher fuel consumption, and on a small capacity 'adventure' bike, I'd suggest that is not really a compromise worth making - especially one with a relatively small fuel tank in the first place.

Ultimately I always drag out the old adage I heard on the Ducati Monster forum many years ago - when people ask the best way to get more power out of a 600cc Monster, the reply was always to sell it, and buy the 900cc Monster instead...

As for the G310GS - from personal experience, fitting the better breathing Scorpion exhaust and also a 15T front sprocket makes the bike feel a lot more lively than stock.

Hope that helps!

Jenny x
thank you Jenny. i do not have personally a good experience with the power commander, so I hope something else will come up in the market. 15T sprocket is on my list. by the way, I am impressed with the all the great option RR offers. It is great!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page