G310GS Adventure - bike build and pre-launch testing in Australia (video) - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By JMo
  • 4 Post By JMo
  • 1 Post By dejah
  • 1 Post By JMo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
JMo

G310GS Adventure - bike build and pre-launch testing in Australia (video)

The first episode from MADtv (Motorcycle Adventure Dirtbike tv) - featuring Amy Harburg (Australian BMW ambassador) and Adam Mitchinson (Rally Raid Products UK) during the initial bike-build and shake-down testing of the Rally Raid 310GS Adventure kit - prior to the start of an extended 'real-world' test, with the riders taking part in the gruelling 8-day 3500 kilometre annual APC Rally in Australia.

You can expect plenty more action from the event itself in future episodes!

Jenny x
Eccles and gregtixa like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
JMo

Just to let you all know that Adam and Amy safely finished the event/ride home yesterday:

John has not spoken in detail with Adam just yet, but as soon as he gets the chance I'm sure both of them will be posting their impressions here.

In a nutshell however, both bikes proved to be excellent adventure enduro machines - between them Adam and Amy rode over 10,000 kilometres in 9 days, and the bikes handled everything, including when they took the 'hard route' options whenever there was a choice.

So certainly with regard to the Rally Raid parts and accessories, John considers this final testing session a complete success and will be pressing on with the production schedule for wheels and suspension now, together with all the associated 'hard parts' and accessories...

Please see the dedicated thread in the Rally Raid Products vendor section with regard to the official launch pricing and details of the G310GS Adventure range of parts and accessories.

Jenny x
WoodWorks, Eccles, dejah and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:35 PM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Did they get any Videos of the event and will they post them on the Rally Raid site or on youtube?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zente View Post
Did they get any Videos of the event and will they post them on the Rally Raid site or on youtube?
Hi Zente - of course! You can expect to see a new episode using the footage that Adam and Amy took during the event very soon - here, and on the MADtv YouTube channel too of course.

In the meantime, I saw this review of the stock bike (from South Africa), where the road-tester totally gets the concept of a smaller, lighter and more simple 'Adventure' bike - and highlights all the reasons we too felt the G310GS was such a great platform on which to focus our further developments.

Most refreshing to see [for a small capacity bike test] was the conclusion that fundamentally it's not just for new or smaller riders, but anyone into Adventure riding, who just wants to have fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=797&v=O7AKcIKFDHw

Jx
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:40 PM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Yea I saw that when it first came out. That was a few days after I got my G310GS ( Feb 28th ) since then I have had about 1 week of rain, where I didn't ride, and have still managed to put a little over 1250 miles on it as of today. I will post some videos when I make my trip back east. Most of it will be back hwys and small county roads with a little bit of gravel and dirt. The way back maybe different, I will have to see how the weather behaves. Good luck and safe trip on your USA adventure.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Well, Adam's toy :-)
JMo likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
JMo

A few more photos from Adam and Amy's APC Rally ride:

Jx
hogrider likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:30 AM

A short video from Amy & Adam's Australia APC Rally, testing the first kits Down Under

VIDEO LINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:22 AM

Both the KTM 690 Enduro and BMW G310GS, fitted with Rally Raid adventure kits, showing their Tractive Suspension working well under the extreme 42C heat this weekend

https://www.facebook.com/10000322634...6857917765067/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page