Workshop Wednesday - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Workshop Wednesday

The first BMW G310GS customer bike has arrived for a Level 2 adventure kit to be fitted before travelling off to Spain for a few weeks.
Most of the production parts are filtering through to stock, and some will be available to order this weekend, after extensive testing on the Australian APC Rally last week.
The Rear Rack Plate has been designed to accept Giant Loop Klamath tail pack, and also 5 litre Rotopax, for extra fuel range.

greekgeek likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP:
A large batch of 8" billet aluminium being prepared for BMW G310GS rear hubs today. The front hubs are already done, ready for anodising.
Our heavy-duty CMZ TA15-Y lathe, with driven tooling so it can mill, drill and tap threads as well as turn, is perfect for this type of high-accuracy, large diameter work.
These 25 sets of hubs will be used in both tubeless and tubed rim versions, with heavy-duty stainless steel spokes, perfect for off-road adventure riding.
Defender and greekgeek like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Nice.

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to some innovative input from our tooling supplier we are increasing production output of billet hubs on the CMZ TA15-Y CNC lathe, we now produce both front & rear hubs for the Honda CB500X, CRF1000L Africa Twin & BMW G310GS in aircraft-grade aluminium 200mm & 150mm diameter billets, and the spoke holes on the front hubs can even be drilled on the lathe using the CMZ's radial tooling, which saves time and increases accuracy.

Defender and greekgeek like this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Location: San Antonio, TX during winter & Moosehead Lake, ME during summer
Nice looking stuff! I really like the Giant Loop Klamath tail pack. Can you tell me more about it, such as size, what it's constructed of, availability and cost? Believe I would like one. Thanks.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Hi, all details of the GZl Klamath tail pack are below on the link, it is our bag of choice and we design our rear racks primarily to fit them

Giant Loop Klamath Tail Rack Pack RRP 720

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Hi, all details of the GZl Klamath tail pack are below on the link, it is our bag of choice and we design our rear racks primarily to fit them

Giant Loop Klamath Tail Rack Pack RRP 720
you might want to re-think that product code, RRP is short for recommended retail price, combined with the 720 somebody could get the wrong impression that it's expensive
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:51 AM

i was looking for auxiliary gas tanks when i found this forum thread:
https://advrider.com/index.php?threa...-parts.917119/

looks like you guys have some experience in making aux subframe gas tanks. what about making one for the GS?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post
i was looking for auxiliary gas tanks when i found this forum thread:
https://advrider.com/index.php?threa...-parts.917119/

looks like you guys have some experience in making aux subframe gas tanks. what about making one for the GS?

We have no plans for making fuel tanks for the GS310, we tend to carry a 4 litre Rotopax on the rear rack or side racks for the few times we would need it.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We have no plans for making fuel tanks for the GS310, we tend to carry a 4 litre Rotopax on the rear rack or side racks for the few times we would need it.
is there a side rack for the GS, suitable for the rotopax available?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page