R&G Tail Tidy - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ktmmitch
  • 1 Post By Kris

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

R&G Tail Tidy

We now have added the R&G Tail Tidy for the popular G310GS version, to our webshop.
These are available with a tail light lens in either clear, smoked or red lens to compliment the sharp look of the rear of the bike once this part is fitted.

TAIL TIDY LINK

JMo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ktmmitch; 08-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Due to our extensive, and often extreme, off-road testing of all our components for the new BMW G310GS adventure kits, we managed to fracture (more than once) the rear number plate extension on the R&G Tail Tidy's that we supply.
Whilst this has never happened to any customers as of yet, and the fact that R&G have stood by their product and supplied us with replacements, we still decided to design and develop a stainless-steel brace to reduce the flexing of the number plate hanger when riding rough trails.
After a long off-road test, we are satisfied that these are doing what we intended, so every R&G Tail Tidy will have one added to the kit.
We will also be contacting the early purchasers of the Tail Tidy and sending them out a brace as a free upgrade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Now THAT is customer service! Kudos!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Befitting that even aftermarket parts need to be retro-fitted with a reinforcement plate through a recall! Totally in character.

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We now have added the R&G Tail Tidy for the popular G310GS version, to our webshop.
These are available with a tail light lens in either clear, smoked or red lens to compliment the sharp look of the rear of the bike once this part is fitted.

TAIL TIDY LINK

Quick question!
I have the R not the GS, would this work for it? I would assume so right?, cause one of my employees broke my taillight and bm charges US$ 250 for it.. and that is too much... also, do you ship to mexico? hehe

--------------------------
  • Honda ZB 50 (Sold and missed)
  • Honda MB 100 (Sold)
  • Honda NX 250 (Sold)
  • Suzuki DR 350 (Sold)
  • Yamaha Thundercat 600 (Sold)
  • Suzuki GSX R600 (Sold)
  • Honda Transalp V600 (Sold)
  • BMW 310R
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:54 AM

I don't have good experience with [email protected] products, and especially with their Tail Tidy. It broke on my crf250L rather quick so I fitted the oem one back. the oem on gs is already very nice and inconspicuous, so why to change it?
lost in space likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 AM
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I don't have good experience with [email protected] products, and especially with their Tail Tidy. It broke on my crf250L rather quick so I fitted the oem one back. the oem on gs is already very nice and inconspicuous, so why to change it?
Hi Kris - In more than one instance, when the G310GS has been used off-road, the OEM rear light assembly/numberplate holder has broken - this is particularly the case with the large (and relatively heavy) UK licence plates (see photo below):

While you may consider the OEM rear fender extender and rear light assembly inconspicuous, it's location is certainly vulnerable (and I consider rather ungainly) in comparison to the R&G option shown at the top of this page.

Ultimately it's all about offering a range of options to suit an individual's personal choice - personally I don't like the rack either*, but that's just me ;o)

*fortunately that is easy to remove, and can be replaced by the G310R grab handles.

Jx
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:17 PM

R & G available to US customers?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:51 PM
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald.male View Post
R & G available to US customers?
Hi Bald.male - yes, all products on the Rally-Raid web-shop ship worldwide, just be aware that Rally-Raid is a UK company so you may find the shipping [to the USA] on smaller items/single items quite expensive compared to domestic.

for info. you can add an item to your cart and get a quote for shipping before you commit to buy. You can also choose to pay in USD or a selection of other currencies too if you wish.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x