What other goodies are in the future? - Page 2 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnetje View Post
Which week is this week?
I am running out of patience waiting..........

Thats the problem my patience was gone and put the sw motech guard on the bike its june already🤔
Well another week has passed and still no bash plate from RR.
One more week then I too will have pass and find another source.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:06 AM
JMo

Hi Tickster - have you registered your interest with Rally-Raid directly? - if so I'm sure they will let you know when they are likely to be available.

Similarly, this is only one of a number of forums that Rally-Raid support and engage with - there is a lot more activity on the ADVrider forum for example.

I know there are 5 or 6 engine guards about to go on the web-shop - although I imagine they are pretty much all spoken for. There are also 25 more being manufactured at the moment, that once they've been powder-coated, will also be added to the web-shop inventory.

At the end of the day Rally-Raid are a small independently owned manufacturing company. They are not stamping these things out by robot in a huge factory somewhere.

After feedback from pre-production/real-world testing, John took the decision to revise the design slightly, which meant new jigs had to be made, and this is in an effort to manufacture the best possible engine guard for the end user.

Your patience is appreciated, and in turn ought to be rewarded with an excellent product that has been thoroughly tested prior to be offered for sale.

Jx
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Hi Tickster - have you registered your interest with Rally-Raid directly? - if so I'm sure they will let you know when they are likely to be available.

Similarly, this is only one of a number of forums that Rally-Raid support and engage with - there is a lot more activity on the ADVrider forum for example.

I know there are 5 or 6 engine guards about to go on the web-shop - although I imagine they are pretty much all spoken for. There are also 25 more being manufactured at the moment, that once they've been powder-coated, will also be added to the web-shop inventory.

At the end of the day Rally-Raid are a small independently owned manufacturing company. They are not stamping these things out by robot in a huge factory somewhere.

After feedback from pre-production/real-world testing, John took the decision to revise the design slightly, which meant new jigs had to be made, and this is in an effort to manufacture the best possible engine guard for the end user.

Your patience is appreciated, and in turn ought to be rewarded with an excellent product that has been thoroughly tested prior to be offered for sale.

Jx
Yes I emailed Liz and she put me on the notification list a few weeks ago saying there were close to being ready.
Not to worry, I get the production issue(s), but you know I am just anxious to put a real bash plate on that appears
to be made to serve its purpose properly instead of the flimsy OEM version.
Cheers
JMo likes this.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 04:03 AM

The Engine Guards have been put back 2 weeks, as we had a problem where 2 customer's where not happy with the fit of their Spanners that we make, where the hexagon fits in the front wheel spindle. But when we checked, the stock we had fitted perfectly into our G310GS, which was the first in the UK late last year. When I checked the 7 bikes at the local dealer with our spanner, only 2 fitted perfectly, 2 others were very slack and 3 did not go in at all !!!
Obviously, quality control on the spindles is not a high priority, so we have had to change the hex profile to give 3 steps to try and accomodate the variation in sizes of the OEM spindle.
This then made me check a production Engine Guard on some of the dealer bikes (big thanks for them understanding our concerns) and it became apparent that there is a variation between the front engine mounts and the rear centre-stand holes on the bikes, resulting in our Engine guards being difficult to fit to some of the bikes.
So we took the oppurtunity to change the stock, and welding jigs, to give more tolerance for fitting for customers. These are being done now, and will be back at the powder-coating before Friday, so we will have 25 available next Monday 18th June.
This is not ideal, but we were lucky to have noticed the frame differences, only due to our customer's real-world feedback with the spanners. Although we do as much testing by riding the bikes hard off-road before launching products on the shop, we rely on customer's giving us feedback from actual riding and fitting with their own bikes to enable us to improve our products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 04:07 AM

The first batch of production spoked wheels for BMW G310GS have arrived, and will be shipped to Bartubeless, in Italy, for their tubeless conversion this week. These will be then ready to ship in 10 days, so we are now taking orders.
The black tubeless will be available to order next Monday, along with Gold or Black tubed wheels.

WEBSITE LINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:22 AM

Weekend Wheel Fest:
We now have the first production batch of tubed wheels ready for the new BMW G310GS adventure kits, and the tubeless wheels will be back from Bartubeless conversion in Italy in 2 weeks.
These will be on our webshop this weekend, along with suspension kits, engine guards and many other parts for those that have been waiting.

LINK

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 07:09 AM

We now have the Soft Luggage Racks, for BMW G310GS, on our website ready to order, for delivery end January.
These are the same design that was tried-and-tested by Amy Harburg on her 27,000km trip from Mongolia to UK this year, fitted with her Wolfman soft luggage and Giant Loop Dry Bag.
Available in durable powder-coat black finish.

G310GS Soft Luggage Racks-RRP 830

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:38 PM

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We now have the Soft Luggage Racks, for BMW G310GS, on our website ready to order, for delivery end January.
These are the same design that was tried-and-tested by Amy Harburg on her 27,000km trip from Mongolia to UK this year, fitted with her Wolfman soft luggage and Giant Loop Dry Bag.
Available in durable powder-coat black finish.

G310GS Soft Luggage Racks-RRP 830

Thanks for getting these out. Perfect for the soft bags!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
To answer Rick's original question - you can expect to see soft-luggage side racks (that will also allow you to mount tool tubes on the inside face, and a Rotopax on outside should you wish), heavy-duty platform foot-pegs, and shorty billet adjustable brake and clutch levers in the coming weeks.

John is also working on a replacement and adjustable rear brake pedal assembly - something that is clearly a current weak-spot:

Plus a matching folding-tip gear shift lever is in the works too.

More soon as they say...

Jenny x
Has the development been stopped for the adjustable rear brake pedal assembly and matching folding-tip gear shift lever?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 03:10 AM
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbeater View Post
Has the development been stopped for the adjustable rear brake pedal assembly and matching folding-tip gear shift lever?
Hi Worldbeater - no, but currently other products have taken priority (I trust you appreciate that Rally Raid make a whole range of products for an increasingly wide range of bikes).

The proposal for the G310GS is not simply replacement parts, but a brake pedal that actually goes over the top of the foot-peg, not underneath like the stock one where it is potentially vulnerable (as the photo above illustrates!) so that requires a lot more work than just making a pattern part.

You can expect a range of additional parts for the GS to be available in the new year.

Jenny x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page