Adventure Engine Guard ready !! - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tonnetje

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Adventure Engine Guard ready !!

Another milestone in the adventure products range for the BMW G310GS & R models is our heavy-duty tubular Engine Guard.
The initial design was extensively tested by both Adam & Amy at the Australian APC Rally earlier this year, and Jenny in the USA on her East to West adventure, so the final production version is now available with the improvements based on their real-world off-road feedback.
This design not only protects the lower engine casings, sump and exposed front oil filter, but also acts as protection for the lower radiator corners in the event of a fall (which we have done many times in testing).
The main feature, as we use on the Honda CB500X guard, is that there are no structural attachments to the engine casings themselves, we use the rear centre stand lugs and the upper engine frame mounts. So that any heavy forces occuring during an impact are transferred, and distributed evenly through the chassis, so rendering the motor seperate from any large impacts.
Most other engine guards screw to the sump, so any hits are taken directly into the motor.
These are available now through our webshop:

G310GS Adventure Engine Guard-RRP 827

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 01:11 PM

Finaly but must say a piece of craftmanship
But for me to late on the market goodluck with the selling of this masterpiece .
Eccles likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM

Finally.....
But after adding it to the cart on the website and estimating the shipping, it came to $501 Canadian.
More than twice the price of the SW Motech version of a skid plate.
BUT, at least twice the product from what I see with the design, and engineering.
With the RR version you also get engine guards incorporated into the bash plate, so......
Now I have to think about it a bit more, being on a limited budget.
I fear if I procrastinate too long, they will all be spoken for.
When I look at the price of the SW Motech engine guard and their separate bash plate they are pretty close to
the same price as this RR combo version.....
Hmmm.....

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 PM

Would I be correct in assuming that using the centre stand lugs to mount this guard, means a centre stand cannot be fitted?

Red G310GS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 02:28 PM

D'oh! Just followed the link, and the RR description does note the two can't be fitted together. Got to make a choice between convenience and protection...

Red G310GS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page