Nort of England 3 Day ride - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ktmmitch

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Nort of England 3 Day ride

A fantastic weekend testing the Tractive Suspension over some realy gnarly rockery and steep climbs in the North Pennines with our G310GS, ridden by Greg from Adventure Spec.
The 'lil GS performed great, apart from the R&G Tail Tidy fracturing after some severe shaking, so we will develop a stainless-steel brace to stiffen up the kit, but that's what testing is for...
This was our Level 2 (plus 20mm travel) bike, and the Remote Reservoir Tractive Shock and Hydraulic Preload Adjuster were certainly put through their paces over the loose, slippy climbs in the unusually hot weather.

VIDEO LINK

greekgeek likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:13 AM

Location: San Antonio, TX during winter & Moosehead Lake, ME during summer
Despite the minor tail tidy failure that had to have been a great weekend.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
This was our Level 2 (plus 20mm travel) bike, and the Remote Reservoir Tractive Shock and Hydraulic Preload Adjuster were certainly put through their paces over the loose, slippy climbs in the unusually hot weather.
when i do off road riding i notice a lot of flexing of the front light assembly (as well as the number plate holder, but i don't mind). since you guys replaced the stock exhaust with a stiffer one did you notice more flexing of the plastic parts?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Our friends at Adventure Spec were interested in the BMW G310GS project, so we took a few days off work, went up to beautiful Northumberland and found some gnarly trails to put it through it's paces.......and our trusty Honda CB500X was there too for comparison, well done Greg for the unbiased opinions......

VIDEO LINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page