BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

2017 G310R - faulty baffle inside exhaust

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  heap 
#1 ·
My new G310R, collected from the dealership on 26th June, 2017. Now with only 1300 miles on the clock, has a faulty baffle. :frown2: After inspection by the service department, a complete new exhaust, under warranty, is on back order. Has anyone else experienced such?

#6 ·
I'm at 1500km, have the bike since mid-june as well. Last week I started to notice a noise coming from the exhaust but only when I start the bike from cold. Like something is loose inside creating a high-pitch metallic noise. It would make the noise a few seconds for 3-4 times and then go away, until the next day when I start the bike, same scenario.
Was planning to go to the dealer, but hard to show them the noise as when the exhaust has warmed up, noise seem not to be there.
Will try to post a video of it just let me know if was the same thing for you...

#9 ·
Hi Ken,
Is yours doing like this ?
Great little demo there. Certainly sounds like something light just pinging with the revs until it gets some heat into it, expands and stops itself. Because the exhaust is cold, you could put your hand on the side when you start it up and you might actually feel it

#10 ·
Following up on this, I finally went to dealer for the side stand recall and being there I've mentioned them the exhaust noise. It never got worse than what I showed in the video above, doing its thing mainly when starting from cold. But still, it was something I wanted to get sorted before warranty ends.
First they said nothing wrong with it, but explaining them and showing them the video they heard the noise, determined it to be internal and the only way to fix this is replacing whole exhaust. They ordered it, took 2 weeks to receive it and installed it today :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.