Headlight conversion to led - Page 2 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:59 PM

Installed and tested

I was able to install this replacement LED for my 2019 G310R. Makes a ton of difference and it requires less amps and matches the LED DTR mod from Weiser.

The boot will fit, takes a bit of work to get it on. The corded plug comes out the top and plugs into the factor connector for easy removal. Tucks back in out of the way for easy closer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	13128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1259.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	13130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	13132  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:52 PM

Anyone here tried retrofitting a HID projector into the stock housing? The light quality would be fantastic but I'm worried the extra weight would make the headlight housing bounce too much.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jeffkong67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodges View Post
I had my bike for a year now. I am about to put together on this forum an article about my experiences, likes and dislikes and options that I bought for the bike. About the Headlight. I when I first got in was not at all happy with the effectiveness of this headlight. It wasn't styling it was performance. In my view a flashlight bought at wal mart for less than $10 would have done a better job. In attempt to improve performance I switched out the bulb for a LED H4 bulb. While performance improved it was not by much and I remained disappointed. I found out what the problem was. When I took delivery of the bike the headlight beam was never adjusted. I readjusted it and wow did that make a big difference. Also after doing much research on the subject I found out not all LED H4 Bulbs are equal. The one I would highly recommend (See Attached) is the BEAMTECH LED H4 sold at Amazon.
Hi! Can u share how u adjusted the headlight?

Thanks
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkong67 View Post
Hi! Can u share how u adjusted the headlight?

Thanks
Page 42-44 in the manual.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

When I took delivery of the bike, the dealer SHOULD HAVE did a pre - delivery inspection to make sure everything was in order. They did not. ON the way home about 1/4 mile from the dealership the engine stalled only to find out there was no gas in the tank. After going back to the dealer again on the way home I was experiencing trouble with my electrical system. I went back to the dealer again come to find out that the battery needed initial charging which they failed to do plus the battery terminals were loose and needed tightening. Lessons learned if you want something done correctly never depend on other people. When I finally got the bike home, I noticed it was dangerously low on engine oil. The headlight was way out of adjustment. I looked at the owners manual which describes how to aim the headlight by hand. That made a world of difference. Hope this helps.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 05:13 AM

Garage
What happens to the warranty if you install an LED light that is not available or approved by the Motorrad ? Any idea?

Regards,
BikersTalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page