Headlight conversion to led - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Headlight conversion to led

I had my bike for a year now. I am about to put together on this forum an article about my experiences, likes and dislikes and options that I bought for the bike. About the Headlight. I when I first got in was not at all happy with the effectiveness of this headlight. It wasn't styling it was performance. In my view a flashlight bought at wal mart for less than $10 would have done a better job. In attempt to improve performance I switched out the bulb for a LED H4 bulb. While performance improved it was not by much and I remained disappointed. I found out what the problem was. When I took delivery of the bike the headlight beam was never adjusted. I readjusted it and wow did that make a big difference. Also after doing much research on the subject I found out not all LED H4 Bulbs are equal. The one I would highly recommend (See Attached) is the BEAMTECH LED H4 sold at Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	234
Size:	640.3 KB
ID:	11838  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 05:36 PM

@dhodges is it plug & play? Does the rubber boot fit over it?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

It's plug and play and yes the boot does fit . You need to follow the installation instructions. Any questions you have let me know.
Also make sure you install the bulbs in the right position. See diagram below
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	H4E981AEE58589E7BDA9.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	11840  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:50 PM

Thank you for the good info! 👍
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:12 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ligkonakos
I've read many times in this thread about how LED needs adequate cooling, in your experience will there be any occurring problems or is it relatively safe?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

There are two types of led bulbs on the market Fan and Fan less . The fan type are a more complicated design and are inherently prone to more failures than the fan less type. I use both kinds and never had any problems arise. I wouldn't worry about the heat factor as I never had nor expect any problems in this area and I talked to other motorcyclist and it wasn't a problem. If any of the bulbs were completely enclosed in a airtight environment then cooling design (HEAT DISSIPATION ) would become compromised and the bulb would fail. Hope this helps with your question.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Here are the instructions for the BEAMTECH LED H4 BULB
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	11868  

Last edited by dhodges; 11-15-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typing error
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Led headlight reviews link(CLICK ON TO REVIEW)

BulbFacts | Beamtech LED Headlight Kit Review[/quote]
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodges View Post
I had my bike for a year now. I am about to put together on this forum an article about my experiences, likes and dislikes and options that I bought for the bike. About the Headlight. I when I first got in was not at all happy with the effectiveness of this headlight. It wasn't styling it was performance. In my view a flashlight bought at wal mart for less than $10 would have done a better job. In attempt to improve performance I switched out the bulb for a LED H4 bulb. While performance improved it was not by much and I remained disappointed. I found out what the problem was. When I took delivery of the bike the headlight beam was never adjusted. I readjusted it and wow did that make a big difference. Also after doing much research on the subject I found out not all LED H4 Bulbs are equal. The one I would highly recommend (See Attached) is the BEAMTECH LED H4 sold at Amazon.
Could you please post the pictures of this Led bulb installed? How does the BMW dust cover of the regular bulb connect to the LED one?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page