BMW G310 R/GS Forum - View Single Post - Metzeler Tourance Tyre pressure G310GS
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Eccles

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1deS1uT View Post
BMW recommends 1.7-1.9 bar or 25-28 psi, which seemed a bit soft to me and the dealer. I decided to go for 34-38 psi until I did more research.
Good question about the tyre pressure for the GS. Mine came from the dealer set at the manual settings (1.7 - 1.9 bar). I changed it without thinking (or checking the manual) to 2.2 - 2.3 bar that is the recommended for the R, 'cause that's just what I know.

Thinking on your comments and experience I would say that the manual would be the correct pressure to run, long experience with BMW leads me to follow their recommendation in the manual. The Tourance tyres have different sidewall construction to the road tyres and this will be one of the factors for the lower than what I am used to (i.e. road) pressure recommendation.

That said, running 2.2 - 2.3 bar has for me yielded great on tar performance. I'll drop the pressures next time I get to ride my local twisties to see if there is much in the way of handling degradation or improvement.

I do think that the 2.5 - 2.9 bar (36 - 42psi) pressure are way too high for this bike, that is for the 230 - 270Kg boxer bikes with firm side walled PR4's or Angel GT's.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2019 Honda CB500X
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour

Last edited by Eccles; 11-12-2017 at 02:39 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome