4Likes
  • 1 Post By porth
  • 1 Post By heap
  • 1 Post By PaulS
  • 1 Post By PaulS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Extra Lighting

Has anyone put on extra lights? I'm thinking about grabbing some crash bars and installing two 20w Cree lights I have soon. I'm wondering what the best way of doing this is. Straight to the battery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Probably best to splice it to the accessory power, that way if it blows a fuse it won't take out any vital parts of your bike. I'm pretty sure accessory power is only on when the key is in the on position.
Defender likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
Probably best to splice it to the accessory power, that way if it blows a fuse it won't take out any vital parts of your bike. I'm pretty sure accessory power is only on when the key is in the on position.
Is there an accessory fuse available?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White310R View Post
Is there an accessory fuse available?
According to p.122 in owner's manual, Fuse #2 would be related to the accessory socket (what they refer as "extra socket").
Note: there are 2 extra sockets, one below the seat, one inside the headlight compartment (which they might be considering the heated grips one, but in any case, it's still related to Fuse #2)
Defender likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:47 PM

I ordered the Orsam Night racer bulb and will install this Saturday.

I've installed a headlight modulator which I've had on all my BMW's, a LOUD (er) horn, an accessory plug and a rear rack.

I'll also put Ride On in my tires, I've used it for about 10+ years and its saved my a$$ once keeping a punctured tire from totally deflating when I was at 100+. It also prevents air from escaping (you only have to check your pressure now and then) and hydro dynamically balances the tires. I get more miles from my tires than the norm, 12k instead of the 8k others claim.

I'm considering a windshield as I like the "finished off" look more than the wind deflection but the bile looks so good as is...
Defender likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 05:24 PM

I installed the Orsam Night racer bulb Saturday and immediately saw that it is whiter and brighter, makes my headlight modulator more visible.
porth likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 04:35 PM

Hi, I was also researching a Headlight Modulator for my G310R and saw the Signal Dynamics model for sale on Revzilla. I didn't know if the H4 Single adapter harness was the right harness to get and if it's an easy job to put the system on the bike? They offer a couple dual model adapter harness' but with a single light I figured they weren't right and there is a universal adapter too but maybe the H4 is correct. Their installation video shows them removing a round headlight, connecting the cable adapter harness and the modulator unit and then getting it all to fit behind the bulb. I wasn't sure if all that stuff would fit behind the headlight of the G310R or if anyone had any recommendations as to another model. Thanks very much for the assist!

Ralph

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page