Side Stand Recall - Page 6 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Frenzy View Post
now, when the bike is lowered off the center stand with the side stand retracted the center stand hits the side stand and can not fully retract. you have to push down on the side stand and it will pull down the center stand with it till it reaches a point where it clears and pops loose.
Thatís exactly how mine and my buddyís stands behave. Dunno why @Tripod ís stands behave differently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 02:22 PM

the post the side stand spring attaches to is longer on the new one and that is what hits the center stand.
post #53 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:17 PM

ever had a side stand that gave me a problem no matter how I mounted the bike. You should be able to mount the bike any way you can without hurting the side stand even if you are a 400 pound Gorilla.
post #54 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:25 AM

Garage
Got my side stand fixed today. The side and center stand barely touches when the side stand is fully retracted and the center stand is 95% retracted, but not enough to stop the center stand from fully retracting.

2017 Black G310GS
2011 CBR250R
2007 BMW F800ST
2006 Kawasaki ER6F
2006 Bajaj CT100(cheap training bike)
post #55 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 AM

Just had my side stand recall appointment cancelled for the THIRD time as they are still awaiting the tool to do the repair (the original tool broke when they first tried to use it) - the dealer can't get the tool from BMW yet. Provisionally booked in again on Nov 30th. I sent an e-mail to BMW UK customer care to tell them how much I was dissatisfied with them and asked them to extend the warranty period due to this and the water pump repair I had done in July this year. Can't see getting much satisfaction from them though even though there is a large advertisement in this weeks MCN saying how good their customer service is - what a joke!
post #56 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:42 AM

I had mine done about a month back. When they first looked at it they weren't sure that it was fixable with the suggested method from BMW as it was bent so bad. I didn't notice it at all and thought that maybe it was all BS, so I was shocked when the mechanics told me how bad it was. Luckily though when they fitted the new part everything bent back into place.

I've never once gotten onto the bike by placing all weight onto one of the footpegs. The thing was just bending from it's own weight.
Glencoeman likes this.
post #57 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
Just had my side stand recall appointment cancelled for the THIRD time as they are still awaiting the tool to do the repair (the original tool broke when they first tried to use it) - the dealer can't get the tool from BMW yet. Provisionally booked in again on Nov 30th. I sent an e-mail to BMW UK customer care to tell them how much I was dissatisfied with them and asked them to extend the warranty period due to this and the water pump repair I had done in July this year. Can't see getting much satisfaction from them though even though there is a large advertisement in this weeks MCN saying how good their customer service is - what a joke!
I suppose finding another BMW dealer is out of the question? I travelled about 120-mile round trip to get mine done. As for BMW Customer services. forget it. I think you've got more chance of winning the lottery than getting something out of them. Every time I contacted them it was the same reply "Please contact your local dealer" even though the problem I had was an administrative one. Sorry to sound so negative but you'll get there in the end. It's a lot of hassle for what took an hour and a half work. I have this last 5 mins just got a safety recall letter from Suzuki, for my other bike, this time an O ring on the fuel system. You would think we all should get something for the "Downtime"- how about a free next service?- don't hold your breath.

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #58 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
I suppose finding another BMW dealer is out of the question? I travelled about 120-mile round trip to get mine done. As for BMW Customer services. forget it. I think you've got more chance of winning the lottery than getting something out of them. Every time I contacted them it was the same reply "Please contact your local dealer" even though the problem I had was an administrative one. Sorry to sound so negative but you'll get there in the end. It's a lot of hassle for what took an hour and a half work. I have this last 5 mins just got a safety recall letter from Suzuki, for my other bike, this time an O ring on the fuel system. You would think we all should get something for the "Downtime"- how about a free next service?- don't hold your breath.
I have agreed with the dealer that they will collect the bike and return it when the job is done as I am 69 and don't want to do almost 100 mile round trip at this time of year.
G0MYW likes this.
post #59 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
BMW Customer services gave me the same reply but I will carry on replying till they treat my e-mail with a bit of respect - they completely ignored my request to increase the warranty period because of their negligence (the warranty period is now 3 years which replaced the 2 years a while ago anyway) . I pointed out in my reply to their pathetic reply to my original e-mail that they should take time to actually fully read, not only e-mails, but their brochures about customer service.
post #60 of 94 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
BMW Customer services gave me the same reply but I will carry on replying till they treat my e-mail with a bit of respect - they completely ignored my request to increase the warranty period because of their negligence (the warranty period is now 3 years which replaced the 2 years a while ago anyway) . I pointed out in my reply to their pathetic reply to my original e-mail that they should take time to actually fully read, not only e-mails, but their brochures about customer service.
Send them a physical letter, they're more likely to react to that than an e-mail. If you want to give it a bit more punch, send it registered.

P.S. I have found in the past that constructive criticism also works well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page