3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackie
  • 1 Post By Baldazzer
  • 1 Post By porth

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Headlight Bulb Non LED Substitute

Headlight bulb went the other day on my G310R so I browsed for a new one and
thought I'd give these a try. I say these because you get 2 in a pack for under £13 (approx $17 US)
They are from eBay (UK) and they are titled: Osram Nightbreaker unlimited. My OEM bulb was a weakish yellow
and when I fitted one of these Osram bulbs, wow, what a difference, much brighter and whiter light.
I looked at proper LED replacements, =and will probably go that route, but to be honest, IMHO,
looking at them on YouTube, I found them to be noisy (the cooling fan) and didn't fancy cutting the OEM headlight
rubber boot for them to fit, and I thought the whole set up, was a bit cumbersome.
The light spread pattern on my bike now seems to be about the same both on dip and full-beam, dead easy to fit, 15 min job.
I am impressed. Just g****e Osram nightbreaker for your countries version of eBay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	12440   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	12442  
porth likes this.

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Headlight bulb went the other day on my G310R so I browsed for a new one and
thought I'd give these a try. I say these because you get 2 in a pack for under £13 (approx $17 US)
They are from eBay (UK) and they are titled: Osram Nightbreaker unlimited. My OEM bulb was a weakish yellow
and when I fitted one of these Osram bulbs, wow, what a difference, much brighter and whiter light.
I looked at proper LED replacements, =and will probably go that route, but to be honest, IMHO,
looking at them on YouTube, I found them to be noisy (the cooling fan) and didn't fancy cutting the OEM headlight
rubber boot for them to fit, and I thought the whole set up, was a bit cumbersome.
The light spread pattern on my bike now seems to be about the same both on dip and full-beam, dead easy to fit, 15 min job.
I am impressed. Just g****e Osram nightbreaker for your countries version of eBay.
they are brighter but not giving much more illumination on the road than oem. i tried them in the past, and I preferred the stock ones. LED is much more superior. go for Beamtech. they are fan-less and have similar light spread to to halogen bulbs. also they are very cheap.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

thanks Kris. I will look into them.

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Thank you, I often travel in dark hours over the moors. I will definitely get some of these.
I'm not sure the difference Night Breaker and Night Racer - either way def better than original.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Hi, first post here! I had a pair of Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series and installed one in the wife’s bike. No fan and no cutting of boot. By disconnecting the heat-sink base from the bulb, one can install bulb, then boot, then base. The base remains external so it can cool properly. I use Auxbeam on all my vehicles. Good lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lost in space likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldazzer View Post
Hi, first post here! I had a pair of Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series and installed one in the wife’s bike. No fan and no cutting of boot. By disconnecting the heat-sink base from the bulb, one can install bulb, then boot, then base. The base remains external so it can cool properly. I use Auxbeam on all my vehicles. Good lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, a good option. i prefer Beamtech personally, but there are so many options. now I have the full led headlight assembly which is much better, but it all depends on how much light you need.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Even if you don't get an led headlight, I would recommend that you get yourself an led park lamp to make yourself more visible to others. The led park lamp is brighter and creates a very noticeable strobing effect in peoples vision when they move their eyes rapidly, while they might not register a headlight when quickly scanning, they are more likely to notice the strobing effect of the led park lamp.

Try the Philips 194 LED park lamp it has a t10 connection and costs around $20.
lost in space likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page