New BMW Motorcycle Roadside Service - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By porth

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

New BMW Motorcycle Roadside Service

So what’s the roadside service that comes with the purchase of a new bike? What’s the fine print? If the bike breaks down, they will tow it to the bmw dealer? Free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 PM

Garage
I suggest you look at the BMW Motorrad roadside assistance terms relevant to your country. For Australia it is pretty good cover:

24 hour roadside assistance, 365 days a year.
Vehicle rental (up to a maximum of 3 days).
Accommodation is max 4 nights (at max $200/night).
Alternative transport / “Onward travel” cover is $300 (eg:- Taxi).
Onward travel, so your trip can continue without any further interruption.
Legal and medical advice.
Mechanical assistance.
Non mechanical assistance, eg. Tyre change, flat battery, out of fuel and key loss.
Vehicle recovery will be provided to deliver your motorcycle to a BMW Motorcycle Dealer, your home address, or intended destination if the vehicle cannot be repaired within an acceptable time.

And I have seen no exclusion for off road travel which can be pretty remote in AU.

2017 Black G310GS
2011 CBR250R
2007 BMW F800ST
2006 Kawasaki ER6F
2006 Bajaj CT100(cheap training bike)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Where can I find warranty information? I don’t plan on bending over and paying $600 to BMW for the maintenance. I can do regular maintenance myself including valve adjustments.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Had to utilise the roadside assistance yesterday. Got a screw in my rear tyre, roadside assistance picked up the bike within 1 hour (during rush hour) and the tow guy gave me a lift home as he was going that way anyway, they're bringing it to the BMW dealer this morning, and I should receive a call soon to tell me if they can plug the hole or if I need a new rear tyre.

Luckily it was a slow leak, so I was able to hobble into a petrol station. As the rear tyre started to leak it felt like a handbrake had been pulled on slightly, and the bike was pulling to the left.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

What was the process? Did you called the number on that card? What information did they need?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post
What was the process? Did you called the number on that card? What information did they need?
Called the number and gave them my name and registration number, as well as my mobile number, told them the problem and where I was. They organised a tow truck to take my bike to the dealer at no cost (they could have also taken the bike to my home or to a tyre repair place).

Transport for me was not included as I was less than 100km from home. However, the tow truck driver gave me a lift as he was headed that way anyway.

The dealer received the bike this morning and inspected the rear tyre. As expected, they cannot repair the tyre as the damage is too high up the side. I'm getting a Metzler M5 put on for $235 (I could have waited a couple of days for a Michelin).

I would recommend getting in contact with your local tyre shop to see if they can accept your bike and store it until the tyre gets repaired or replaced, that way if this should happen to you, you should be able to save a couple of bucks by getting the bike towed to the tyre shop instead of the dealer.

edit: for me it's much easier to get to my dealer than to any of the tyre places, any saving in cost would disappear due to uber/taxi costs.

Last edited by porth; 04-03-2019 at 10:36 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:46 AM

Highly recommend!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quick update, The dealer (Morgan & Wacker, highly recommended in Brisbane area) had my bike ready to go yesterday afternoon, with a new tyre fully balanced (less than half a day at the dealer). I compared the price to other tyre places including fitting, balancing and old tyre disposal, the dealer came in $5 cheaper than others. Very happy with the whole process (apart from the screw in the tyre) and the dealer's service, got me back on the road with minimum fuss.
gregtixa likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page