Rear brake pedal way too low - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Rear brake pedal way too low

Is there any mods out there so that I can raise the rear brake pedal up another inch or so? It's way too low for my wife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 11:18 PM

Still to this day I don't know of any 3rd party brake pedal replacement what would allow adjustment.
Some users have put "spacer/block" on the pedal to "raise it".
Others changed the footrests for ones that give some adjustment in height (lowering them) so it changes the position of the foot on the brake pedal..
Some threads discussing the above
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/161...s-too-low.html
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/194...ake-pedal.html
https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/7-b...-solution.html

You could also consider changing the rearsets in full... but be ready to spend 10% of what the bike itself it worth !
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sets-bmw-g310r

'18 G310R
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:34 PM
PCV

Is the pedal actually too low, or is the biting point too far down for your wife's comfortable range of ankle movement?

If the latter then you can adjust the actuating rod to have the brake come on with less movement of the pedal by removing the clevis pin, undoing the locknut then turning the clevis to increase the effective length of the rod. Then put it back together.
Cees Klumper likes this.

Last edited by PCV; 05-28-2019 at 01:39 PM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:44 PM

Rear brake pedal

the pedal should have 2mm measured at see pm

Use one of the bolt on foot plates.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCV View Post
Is the pedal actually too low, or is the biting point too far down for your wife's comfortable range of ankle movement?

If the latter then you can adjust the actuating rod to have the brake come on with less movement of the pedal by removing the clevis pin, undoing the locknut then turning the clevis to increase the effective length of the rod. Then put it back together.
Thank you for the suggestion! My wife is short. She was complaining that the biting point was too far down. This is cool! I'm going to try this when I get home from work!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post
Thank you for the suggestion! My wife is short. She was complaining that the biting point was too far down. This is cool! I'm going to try this when I get home from work!

the rear brake should be used gently, so it is not a problem that the brake lever is lower. the main problem is that it is too far left, and difficult to reach. you can get cheap brake lever extender from China, and they also raise the brake lever a bit.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:36 AM
PCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post

Did that solve the problem?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:18 AM

I feel the same way about the 310R brake pedal, never had this problem on my other bikes. Going to try adjusting the actuating rod to have the brake come on with less movement.

I also feel the front brake lever is too far for comfortable reach due to the outward angle of the lever, never had this problem on my other bikes. It forces placing my hand on the inside of the handle bar, where the lever is closer at the bend, which is not natural for me.

Last edited by HPP8140; 06-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Me too - just looked at how the brake pedal travel can be adjusted and will do so later today.
As for the brake handle - my PO replaced the stock levers with 'shorty' PUIG levers that are adjustable, and fit great. There are plenty of posts on this modification that sounds like would address your issue, highly recommended.

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Be careful when adjusting the rear brake travel, it can lock up during use if you go too far. I cured the low pedal issue by zip tying a piece of 1/2" rubber mat on top of the pedal, much better now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page