BMW mod to help prevent stalling - Page 3 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post
Sorry. Stalling is a symptom of an inexperienced rider. Learn the clutch.
Apart from being rather disrespectful (maybe I can improve on my 45 years of motorcycling 'experience' before I die') it would seem that BMW don't agree with you.

BMW G310 GS Stalling Problem Fix ? Deelip Menezes
G0MYW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
If you would like to make any comments, plz read and try to understand first pLEASE ignore my message in the future, I am tired of seeing your nonsense and arrogant comments, thanks
what are you saying? it makes no sense. if anyone is arrogant, it is you. one cannot have starting issues at a red light, period; the bike is already hot. one cannot have stalling issues at a red light, period. are you out of your mind? I am sick of people posting such stupid comments, and pretending to be so clever!

as you love riding, you need to love you bike

Last edited by Kris; 12-15-2019 at 07:26 AM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post
Those who stall the bike are often the ones who have no experience on a dirt bike. Off-road experience really helps when riding a street bike. Sorry, clutching is an advanced technique.
As an inexperienced driver (only been in the saddle since 1981) and with minimal experience of dirt bikes (only ridden as an army dispatch rider for 8-9 years), I have to admit I'm a little suprised that I used to stall my Husqvarna MC258A (a 250 cc two stroke with automatic transmision, i.e. no clutch) more often than my G310GS. I had the Husky as my service bike in the Swedish army and I have to agree with you that clutching on the Husky was an advanced technique. The MC258A required frequent changes of its clutch oil to get the centrifugal clutches (there was 4, one for each speed) to work properly. Good thing was I learnt how to open up the transmision with my eyes closed, even in the middle of winter, deep in the forrests The ski support arms were however a little bit annoying because they were in the way when opening up the bikes left side

The Husqvarna MC258A url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wVogooks4"
gregtixa likes this.

Last edited by hasselman; 12-15-2019 at 07:30 AM.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselman View Post
As an inexperienced driver (only been in the saddle since 1981) and with minimal experience of dirt bikes (only ridden as an army dispatch rider for 8-9 years), I have to admit I'm a little suprised that I used to stall my Husqvarna MC258A (a 250 cc two stroke with automatic transmision, i.e. no clutch) more often than my G310GS. I had the Husky as my service bike in the Swedish army and I have to agree with you that clutching on the Husky was an advanced technique. The MC258A required frequent changes of its clutch oil to get the centrifugal clutches (there was 4, one for each speed) to work properly. Good thing was I learnt how to open up the transmision with my eyes closed, even in the middle of winter, deep in the forrests The ski support arms were however a little bit annoying because they were in the way when opening up the bikes left side

The Husqvarna MC258A url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wVogooks4"
That Husky is flying along that snowy road
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Today, 10:50 AM

I disagree with the "inexperienced rider" statement as well. I have been riding 38 years, have owned 32 bikes, and the 310GS stalls very easy when you are not used to the clutch. I sell BMW bikes and watch almost every single test rider stall the bike (and there are many experienced riders test riding them). Once you get used to the clutch ( needs way more gas than other bikes), it's fine. I have heard there is a remapping fix out that fixes the stall issue.

AS to the cold start, it says right in the manual that in cold weather, open the throttle slightly.
G0MYW and Pops like this.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Today, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouseau View Post
I disagree with the "inexperienced rider" statement as well. I have been riding 38 years, have owned 32 bikes, and the 310GS stalls very easy when you are not used to the clutch. I sell BMW bikes and watch almost every single test rider stall the bike (and there are many experienced riders test riding them). Once you get used to the clutch ( needs way more gas than other bikes), it's fine. I have heard there is a remapping fix out that fixes the stall issue.

AS to the cold start, it says right in the manual that in cold weather, open the throttle slightly.
I've been thinking: Mayby it's the noicy air cleaner/intake silencer that causes the stalling problem. When I tought my daughter to drive on a Kawasaki KDX (or KMX) 125, she used to stall a lot, until she started to use ear plugs. No more stalling after that.

Last edited by hasselman; Today at 12:32 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page