BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Wanted - OEM Clear windscreen for G310GS

15K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  VOR2021 
#1 ·
Pretty much says it all - not available here in the US.

Canadian riders - do you have the clear or solid black screen fitted as stock up there?

Please PM me or email (gmail) mjordan812. TIA

#6 ·
#4 ·
I have the clear screen. Bought the GS late Oct 2017. About to take it off when my larger Z Technik arrives
next week.

#8 ·
Not in a hurry. I'll see what happens with Trickster's shield - if it doesn't work out, I'll let you know and get in line for yours. Thank you.

#13 ·
Clear windscreen (touring) Raid Rally

I found my clear windscreen from Raid Rally for ~$120 (+ shipping). Will let you know how it goes with the bike once I have it installed.

@ WoodWork where did you buy your luggage from? Do you have any issues with your right luggage bag on top of the exhaust getting hot? By the way... great pictures!!!

#14 ·
@ WoodWork where did you buy your luggage from? Do you have any issues with your right luggage bag on top of the exhaust getting hot? By the way... great pictures!!!
Thanks MadMax. I bought the panniers (Enduristan Blizzard L) from Revzilla, and I've had the Wolfman double-ended duffel bag for a few years now. I also bought Enduristan's heat shield from Revzilla. It's a little taller than the others that I looked at. But the strap that it comes with doesn't quite reach around the G310GS's exhaust. So I picked up a longer one at my local hardware store, spray painted it flat black with some heat-resistant paint used for BBQs, and it works great. I've put 4,200 miles on the bike now, and the bags were on there for about 3,000 of them. No problems with any melting.

#19 ·
When I picked mine up late last year it had a clear windscreen. I received a call early this year from the dealer saying there was a recall on the clear
ones and they had a nice black replacement for it. I had them do the recall at the first inspection/oil change but if I had seen it first I wouldn't have let

them fit it. I liked the clear one better. About a month ago they had on on the floor with the clear screen so I asked if I could have it when they took it
off but was told no.

#21 ·
I'm from Canada and my 2019 was delivered in October 2018 with a black screen. Didn't like the look nor the wind protection. Bought the Givi and I'm quite happy with the new look and protection. No turbulence that I have noticed.

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/givi-d5126st-windshield-for-bmw-g310gs-17-18-1

Twisted Throttle also carries two other options. I was considering this one but the price difference and overall width and height made me go for the Givi. This one does come in the smoke option as well...

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-variotouringscreen-for-bmw-g310gs-18-clear-or-smoke

Their third option does come in black...

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-motorcycle-windshield-for-bmw-g310gs-18-t-touring-screen

#29 ·
i don't think with gs one needs a high windshield. high shield is usually needed for above 150km/h. i use the gs only in the mountains so I like the stock shield. higher shield obstructs the view. but I guess, if one is using gs for touring, a higher shield may have some benefits...

#30 ·
I fitted a PUIG style touring screen which still gives me a nice gentle airflow on my upper chest and head, but it's smooth air with no buffeting.

However I've fitted an MRA Varioscreen blade on all of my other bikes. I think these are excellent as they can deflect more air over your helmet, but, because of the aerodynamics, don't cause buffeting as they allow some air behind the screen.

For those who don't know, many people who fit extra large screens in the hope of sitting in a 'bubble' of still air end up being buffeted by all the turbulent air, especially around your head. This is because a large screen travelling through the air causes a massive 'vacuum' behind it. It is the air rushing in to try and fill this vacuum which is the buffeting we can feel and hear!

An MRA Varioscreen is a small, fully adjustable 'blade' which clamps to the top of your screen. Importantly it leaves a GAP between it and the screen. Air passing through this gap helps to lessen the vacuum and so too any buffeting! Just look at the front wing on any F1 car and you'll see they are multiple small blades and not just 1 single one......and these guys are aerodynamic masters!

#31 ·
Hi i have a g 310 gs with a puig touring screen with a combination of the SW MOTECH KOBRA EXTENTION handguards. I am thinking to buy a givi windscreen for the bike.
i have 2 quetions does the windscreen of givi would create a problem when i turn the bike right or left because of the sw motech kobra handguards and the 2nd quetion is anybody here with the givi windscreen to tell us if tis good or better than the puig ?

#32 ·
WoodWorks, it appears the windscreen in the first 2 photos is different than the 3rd photo. I'm still riding my 310GS in the stock configuration. I don't see a need for a windshield but considering one to see the difference. If you have time (and my eye sight was correct), please provide some feedback on the difference between the tow windshields.
Many Thanks.

PS - how did you mount the Pelican case on the back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.