BMW G310 R/GS Forum - View Single Post - Dropped before pickup?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
BCEagle48

Unhappy Dropped before pickup?

Hi, I've been looking at this forum and it was super helpful in picking the G310 GS that I recently put a deposit down on.

I went back today to make payment with the hopes of scheduling time for a pickup. When I get there, the sales person tells me that they sent one of their employees to put gas in the tank, and when he was out, he went down while making a right turn. I saw pictures, the right bar end, exhaust heat shield, right tank body work piece, and brake lever are pretty badly scraped up.

The salesperson tells me that the damage is all cosmetic and they've already ordered the parts to replace them (although it will be a week or two before they get them and replace them). The salesperson pretty much told me that I should expect to pay what we originally agreed to before it got dropped (i.e. they are treating it like a new bike, and may have only told me because I went there today to pay for it). I have 2 issues:

1. On what I assume to be a relatively low speed crash, aside from cosmetic damage, what should I be concerned about?
2. Should I accept the bike?
Kind of in here, should I get a discount? Should I be asking for something other than money? (Some kind of warranty, specific replacement of parts other than what was obviously damaged, or something?)

There are no other 310 GS's around, and my state has only 1 BMW dealer. They've told me that due to the way BMW produces motorcycles, they can't even tell me when they'll get more and/or order one for me. I emailed BMW Motorrad to get their thoughts, but it was after they closed for today.

Any advice would be appreciated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome