BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

New Helmet

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Music City BMW 
#1 ·
So I ended up replacing my aging (2005) HJC helmet with a Shoei Neotec Matte Black.
At the dealer I looked at a variety of helmets. But for my needs and price this was the
right fit. I like the weight, the pinlock, the vents and the sunshield. I paid $550.00 out the door.
So I'm happy.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations On your New helmet.
I found out that buying a helmet is very personal.
What fits you perfectly, doesn’t fit somebody else.
I ended up buying the original BMW helmet.
I started with the model 2 and now have a brand new 6.
This helmet fits me like a glove(!)

#3 ·
Yeah. This is one of those things that you cannot buy online. You have to try on in-store. I did that with a number of helmets until I chose the Shoei Neotec.
Off to San Francisco tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Interstate there, but I intend to cruise the city to see how 'Lucille' likes the famous hills.
I'll post some cheesy pics of the bike at well known tourist spots...

And maybe get together with the other members who also live in the Bay area...

#5 ·
LOVED my Multitecs (predecessor to the Neotec). Had 2 of them.

Bought a Neotec. Couldn't stand it.

Now have a Neotec 2 and it fits nicely.

Such is life in search for the perfect helmet. Or, if not perfect, at least acceptable.

#6 ·
Everybody's head & likes/dislikes are different. For the record, my mind & wallet were set on the AGV Supermodular Carbon.
But nobody had it in stock. I was at the dealer for the 600 miles service.
He was very patient & showed me a bunch of helmets. My initial choice was the C4. But because the
overall shapes between the C4 and Netoech are subtly different, the C4 does not fit my noggin well.
And I found the field of view to be much better in the Neotec than any of the other helmets I tried on.
And way more peripheral vision than my HJC. My old HJC and the Neotec are pretty much the same weight, so that's okay.

I'm getting the Sena SU10 package also. A friend of mine has the C4 and said that it is not as quiet as the Neotec, and the shade is not as dark..
I was amazed at the lack of noise once I was on the Freeway. And the sun shield is a bonus.
A pain in the #$%@ putting sunglasses on my with my old HJC. And we get a lot of bright sun here in Norcal.
I may still get the AGV Supermodular Carbon once the fuss dies down and it's no longer $750 before taxes.
Have a great weekend everyone!

#7 ·
Hi Cees
I'm British with lot's of winding single lane country roads experience back home and love shifting. Car's or bikes.

I especially love the stop signs at the top of the hills in San Fran.
Bring it! If anyone is in the Bay area and is looking to get together, just email me at ESA1178@HOTMAIL.COM and I'll give you my text number...

#9 ·
Of the many helmets we seem to have collected - HJC, Bell, Z1R, AGV, Scorpion - our Neotech IIs are our favorite. They fit well, are relatively quiet and light enough to wear all day without feeling like our head will fall off. Not to mention the older we both become the more we appreciate not damaging our heads so a relatively expensive helmet is worth it to us. The old adage, "You get what you pay for" holds true when it comes to protecting the noggin.

G
#11 ·
I got a Neotec II Matte Blue I LOVE it. First modular helmet for me. It's a bit loud but I ride with earplugs so not too bad. I *did* get the Sena kit for it but was not really impressed. Installation was easy but has to be on 11 to hear anything and the boom gets in the way of the lid.

#12 ·
I don't have the II. I'm puzzled you have a volume issue. In fact I find that I have to turn it down when I am listening to Spotify.
My boom is well withing the helmet, away from the visor. Do you have the boom installed in the right location? Good be too far forward.

I love the Sena 10U! I am using a Galaxy S8.

Check your phone's volume settings.

Mark

G
#13 ·
The kit and helmet are designed to each other so there is no adjustability for the boom position. A cool toy, but the air space between my ears just makes so much roar I would be deaf before function! Better for me to enjoy the quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.