BMW G310 R/GS Forum - View Single Post - 2018 G310GS with full Rally-Raid kit - $6000 California
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
JMo

please note. while this bike is still in excellent mechanical condition, and still very clean and tidy cosmetically (as you can see in the photos above), it has been used off-road, and does have a few scratches and scars here and there.

Along with the odd scuff around the foot-pegs/pedals and exhaust header, there is some signs of wear to the plastic tank panel (directly in front of the seat - from my jacket), but the main areas of paint wear are to the plastic panels below the seat - see below:

...which was from where my Giant Loop Coyote bag rubbed the paint over many thousands of miles.

Personally I kind of like that rubbed patina look (you'd pay a bucket of cash for the same 'rubbed through to the metal' effect from a custom paint-shop ;o) on the side panels, but equally they would be simple to repaint them should you desire.

As I say, this bike was used for an extensive multi-terrain adventure and dual-sport ride last summer and covered quite a lot of miles over a short period (I worked it out at around 64 riding days in total). However, if you know me, you'll know I always take very good care of my bikes, and do my best not to crash or ride with undue care on or off road.

Jx

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome