BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

new

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Mariemark78 
#1 ·
Hi 310ers
I am 69 and started two years ago with an Aprilia SMT50 to destress from a lousy job. Lots of fun but too slow.
Quit job and upgraded to a Honda Forza 300. Totally infected by the bike bug and craving suspension I fell in love with the 310gs. 1 1/2 weeks later got 800km on it, some coolant loss at 500, but otherwise everything I can wish for.
When you fall in love with someone/something, you got to learn to live with faults.
It looks great and the suspension is very smooth. The way it goes through bends puts a smile on my face.
I'll keep the Forza for a while as cargo hauler and enjoy the CVT. The Beemer is a new challenge, just what I wanted.
Happy cruising.
Leo

#4 ·
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, and from a 74 year old G310R owner (and lover thereof). I added the 310 to the fleet last year because my beloved BMW K75S seemed to grow heavier and heavier as I grew older. Solved that problem and couldn't be happier with the little BMW. It is an absolute hoot to ride. Enjoy your new machine!

#6 ·
Hi Leo,

Welcome aboard, the Sunshine Coast is a perfect place for the GS.

In terms of the coolant leak, this is apparently 'normal' during the first few hundred k's. Keep an eye on it, I had a very slight leak up to about 600-800km then stopped.

#7 ·
Thanks all

Thanks all for the friendly welcome,
got 800 km on it and so far no more coolant loss. Will watch it.
Yeah, Sunshine Coast is paradise, although in the moment we are suffering from ex cyclon Oma.
Up to 60km wind, branches on the road, no place for a bloody greenhorn.
Have to build confidence but getting better.
The narrow friction zone of the clutch was my biggest hurdle but on last ride only stalled once.
Had clutchlever adjusted by Tor in Yandina, much better, and clutch getting softer.
Very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.