BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

New guy from north Georgia mountains.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bas310 
#1 ·
Hey all I am new to this forum. I am also downsizing a bit from a Harley Davidson iron 883. I wanted something perfect for carving the twisty roads up here. This is not a straight road in this county.

I am a bit concerned about vibration on the 310r. I should be picking mine up in a couple weeks.

I had a bmw g650 xcountry long ago and it vibrated a bunch.

#3 ·
I don't think you will have any problems with engine vibration. I imagine your g650 was similar to my old KLR 650, which loosened screws and shook the mirrors enough to render them unusable. This 310 engine feels very balanced.

Which part of north GA do you call home? I used to work in Jefferson and rode through Helen and Suches on the weekends. That is beautiful country, and I look forward to returning one day.

#4 ·
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas. No single cylinder engine is completely vibration free but the 310R doesn't vibrate noticeably in my opinion. It's too much fun to ride to notice in the first place. If you want vibration (not!) I would suggest the Suzuki S40 Boulevard, a 650 cc single that will massage you endlessly while pumping our more heat than you ever thought possible! :grin2:

All things are relative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.