BMW G 310 R Captures The Essence Of Riding - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

BMW G 310 R Captures The Essence Of Riding

“People have cars because you need a car to get places. You don’t need a bike, people have bikes because they love bikes.”

This seems to be the inspiration behind BMW’s new G 310 R promotional video. Fitting that the video was filmed in Brazil where they are to be locally assembled.

The basis of the promo is a day in the life of Chris Northover, the deputy editor for SuperBike Magazine, as he takes us on a journey with the G 310 R. We get to see him maneuver around the city streets like butter to pick up his friend for a day of longboarding on the downhill roads of Brazil.

Clearly, BMW is aiming at a specific demographic with this ad. Those who are young or young at heart and they’re also aiming for the riders who commutes though the city but still likes to have a bike that performs well for fun suburban rides.

They’re aiming for the emotional side of motorcycle buyers and they’ve hit the nail on the head with this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:36 PM

I like how it's an add that can resonate with riders rather than showing stuff we can't relate to like just visuals of the bike with some cool music, instead this taps right into the everyday life of the average rider.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 10:13 PM

I could nitpick at everything wrong with this ad but it is entertaining and it captures your attention. BMW did that part right for the g310r ad. Would be interesting to see the buyer statistics because I highly doubt the buyer age they are aiming for will go for an expensive motorcycle.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
I could nitpick at everything wrong with this ad but it is entertaining and it captures your attention. BMW did that part right for the g310r ad. Would be interesting to see the buyer statistics because I highly doubt the buyer age they are aiming for will go for an expensive motorcycle.
Overall I like how its different, and that alone with capture attention since it's not the typical promotional material that people are used to.

At the very least it will spark their curiosity.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 10:47 AM

I hate how ads these days are geared towards the hipsters out there. Not everyone who wants a bike or a car is a hipster.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 02:59 PM

I actually like this ad. It's breaking it down to an enthusiasts relation. Shows that it's for the passion rather than anything else
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Chris Northover did an interview about BMW's new ad.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 10:45 AM

He's making me a bit afraid of falling over now... His interview was great and all that talk of carving made me excited until he moved onto the topic of fear.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM

I think it's just a matter of building up your own confidence as a rider and depending on that. It's what it really comes down to for the most part, aside from what you can't control .
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:55 AM

I agree with that ^^

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page