BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone changed the front sprocket to a 17 tooth for better highway, lower rpm riding?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes. It made open road riding slightly more relaxed, no longer feels like I’m thrashing the bike at 100-110 kph. No negative effects for me.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
The store in that link does not appear to sell outside of Europe. The sprocket is also not available through US BMW dealers. But you can find it at other European, or Chinese (it's apparently standard in the Chinese market), sellers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you feel the first gears? Are they smoother with the 17t sprocket? It bothers me a bit that it is so nervous between 0-60km/h. I would love it if it was a bit smoother/slower.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally got my 15 tooth sprocket from Sprocket Center. What a great mod. The bike came alive. Better performance over the entire rpm range. 6th gear is actually usable now. It'll pull the mountain pass here in 6th when the 16 tooth required downshifting to 5th. MPGs have not suffered, probably because the engine does not work as hard. RPMs at 60 mph have increased about 400 rpm in 6th gear. Best $30 I spent on this bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone changed the front sprocket to a 17 tooth for better highway, lower rpm riding?
I bought the 17 tooth sprocket from BMW with the Part Number 33828396375, its basically the default sprocket for gs bikes sold in china.
The bike is far more quiet and the engine is working in lower rpm, and generally feels more smooth to ride, it just doesnt have as much nerve with two people as it did with the 16 tooth sprocket.
Would recommend 10/10 for open road and travel, even for city rides if you are alone on the bike most of the time. Im really happy i bought it and its also kinda cheap around 20 euro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts