BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walzed into the dealer and asked about when the 310 GS will be available. The dealer points behind me, and there on the floor was their demo bike freshly unboxed and registered.

My biggest concern was that it may be too tall for me, I know the 1200GS certainly is, however was pleasantly surprised to find that I can practically flat foot on it.

Can I take it for for a ride?
Sure, take your time :grin2:

The ergonomics are great if you can swing you leg over the seat and not dislocate your hip. Out on the road, the only appreciable difference is that the turn in is a whisker slower, which matches the more relaxed riding position over the R. Otherwise the handling was as sure footed as the R with good grip from the Metzler Tourance tyres. The little screen does take the wind off your chest and still leaves a smooth airflow to the helmet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Walzed into the dealer and asked about when the 310 GS will be available. The dealer points behind me, and there on the floor was their demo bike freshly unboxed and registered.

My biggest concern was that it may be too tall for me, I know the 1200GS certainly is, however was pleasantly surprised to find that I can practically flat foot on it.

Can I take it for for a ride?
Sure, take your time :grin2:

The ergonomics are great if you can swing you leg over the seat and not dislocate your hip. Out on the road, the only appreciable difference is that the turn in is a whisker slower, which matches the more relaxed riding position over the R. Otherwise the handling was as sure footed as the R with good grip from the Metzler Tourance tyres. The little screen does take the wind off your chest and still leaves a smooth airflow to the helmet.

What is your height sir? Eagerly waiting for this bike here in the Philippines

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G310 GS 1st test ride pics

I'm 5'9" without boots.

Reactions: Adamlewyn18

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I bought one

Guess this was destined to only end up one way..:eek: Approaching 9000k's on the G310R I really warmed to the more relaxed posture of the GS.

Picked this baby up today. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice, placed a deposit last Monday... local dealer (Philippines) still no definite answer on when the units will arrive. Ordered the same color. Keep them posts coming, eager to learn a lot about the bike before mine arrives. Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
By the way, any plans to buy the top box from bmw? Or givi? Shad?
Already have a 39 litre Shad, will get another base plate for the G310GS.

Can also recommend the BMW soft bags.

Reactions: Adamlewyn18

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. Also have the shad 39 for my honda scooter (click 150i here in the philippines). Also planning to install one on the g310 gs but will probably wait if the base plate is already available.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the skid plate from the GS fit onto the R?
Can't say 100%, though it has been my impression that the rack is the same for both models, just that it comes standard on the GS. Inclusion of which contributes to the increased cost of the GS over the R.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guess this was destined to only end up one way..:eek: Approaching 9000k's on the G310R I really warmed to the more relaxed posture of the GS.

Picked this baby up today. :D

The same thing happened to me today, after months of waiting I finally tracked down a test ride on a 310gs, 30 later minutes its, "Ive gotta have one! where do I sign?"
Pick it up next week.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The same thing happened to me today, after months of waiting I finally tracked down a test ride on a 310gs, 30 later minutes its, "Ive gotta have one! where do I sign?"
Pick it up next week.
Congratulations R1deS1ut (can only be one of those :wink2:) and welcome to the Forum, you'll have the best and fastest colour. Miles of smiles and kays of Yeahs.

Just over 600k's on mine now so almost ready for it's first service :grin2:

My precious >:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations R1deS1ut (can only be one of those :wink2:) and welcome to the Forum, you'll have the best and fastest colour. Miles of smiles and kays of Yeahs.

Just over 600k's on mine now so almost ready for it's first service :grin2:

My precious >:)
Oh my can’t wait to have mine.:grin2:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone know of side bags/saddle bags? I'm not a fan of top cases.
Yeah, that much weight high up and toward the rear has always struck me as a bad idea. My plan is to try the Enduristan Monsoon 3 bags. 60l capacity, they don't need heavy racks, and are watertight and fairly bomb-proof.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts