BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new black g310r . 250 miles so far with more smiles per mile than a R Nine T.
looking forward to joining the Club.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Eventually I want to upgrade to an R Nine T Scrambler, but I'm in no hurry at the moment as I love the G310R

p.s. the front fender from the R Nine T fits onto the G310R

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Andy, just north of York, bike from Barrie Robsons BMW a in York. Very happy so far and no reason to think won’t continue. Just wish it had a centre stand.
Moved from R NINE T to this one and don’t miss it all....mind ,haven’t been on the AI/MI /M62 as yet!
Maybe see you around soon
cheers chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm going to go see Kevin at Barrie Robsons this afternoon to get a sit on a bike and talk money.

I take it you rate them as a dealer?

This would be my first BMW for 17 years. Still won't set foot in Alan Jeffries (unless it's at 2am and I'm allowed to take petrol and matches  😁)

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Obviously nearest one to me ,this Is bike 4 from them, the sales team have been fair with me ,mechanics top rate. Good luck ,let me know.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Bridgeman,
welcome to this (our) forum.
looking forward to read more from you.
take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
420 miles so far. No issues. Running in 600 mile dealer service booked at Barrie Robsons York. Bought new pair of gloves after 10 years use of Hein Gericke 2 finger mitts. Never thought they would make such a difference to the controls...whole new feel which takes some getting used to.
thanks for the welcome to all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
420 miles so far. No issues. Running in 600 mile dealer service booked at Barrie Robsons York. Bought new pair of gloves after 10 years use of Hein Gericke 2 finger mitts. Never thought they would make such a difference to the controls...whole new feel which takes some getting used to.
thanks for the welcome to all.
Running in service completed at bmw dealer 558 miles. 25 /06 /20 .Oil and filter changed ,chain Tension adjusted. plus check over and reset service light on dash. Just on 1 hour total time
cost £115 GBP.
be able to spin it up a bit more but feels quite loose anyway.

·
Registered
BMW 310 GS 2019
9 Posts
Brand new black g310r . 250 miles so far with more smiles per mile than a R Nine T.
looking forward to joining the Club.
What? I have been looking real hard at an R nine T. Could you please explain your comparison I figured they are in totally different arenas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What? I have been looking real hard at an R nine T. Could you please explain your comparison I figured they are in totally different arenas.
difficult question.....I thought I had the best bike in the world with the r ninet .. I loved it ....it was like coming home to the twins of the 1970s ...and the exhaust note ....brilliant.
however at age 71 With health issues I began thinking ...rambling and burbling round the lanes with no intention of ever touring and the difficulty of holding on above 90mph without a fairing made me think I could get the same thrills for much less money...hope you understand!

·
Registered
BMW 310 GS 2019
9 Posts
First, thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm 45 and the 310gs is my first bike. I really love it has the versatility and fun go anywhere spirit. I just want to go I little faster on the highways here in California. I love the style of the R nine T scrambler. What can I say I'm a sucker for an air cooled boxer motor. I have room in my garage for one more I think the R nine t would do the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the Scrambler certainly has the looks and no messing about with chains either! Just to remember wind resistance is the same on a 310 as a nine so dreams of high speed blasts on the highway are easily shattered. Having said that 110-15 is achievable on the nine ,but hold on tight. On the same runs 310 shows 85 mpg compared to 50 mpg on the nine ,imperial U.K. gallons that is.
good wishes ,ride safe

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
First, thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm 45 and the 310gs is my first bike. I really love it has the versatility and fun go anywhere spirit. I just want to go I little faster on the highways here in California. I love the style of the R nine T scrambler. What can I say I'm a sucker for an air cooled boxer motor. I have room in my garage for one more I think the R nine t would do the trick.
For me it's the R and Brisbane, otherwise I'm exactly the same :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still just 750 miles on the clock but running like a dream since the running in service.
Have put U.K. super performance petrol in the tank twice now and that seems to have made a huge difference to pickup power. That’s about 97 octane I think, anybody else using the good stuff? Is it just me thinks makes a difference?

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
still just 750 miles on the clock but running like a dream since the running in service.
Have put U.K. super performance petrol in the tank twice now and that seems to have made a huge difference to pickup power. That’s about 97 octane I think, anybody else using the good stuff? Is it just me thinks makes a difference?
I thought that it made a difference to the cold start issue initially, but the higher ron number just prevents premature ignition, it doesn't provide more power. I find that 95ron works perfectly well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts