BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased my G310R in Strato Blue Metallic from Countryside BMW in LaGrange IL. Process was smooth, bike was prepped for the day that I arrived for pickup and I could not be more excited! Of course weather around the area is a bit chilly, but that is nothing a warm jacket cant handle :grin2: . This is my second bike, my first one being a 1975 Honda CB360T which is my cafe racer project. I plan to take this bike up with me next summer to my school, Michigan Technological University, to use it as my daily commuter/weekend getaway machine :smile2: . What I plan for the bike in the coming months is to obtain frame/axle sliders, just for my own comfort. Lets see how this bike does!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Nice, welcome to the forum. Just photoshop a couple of sheep into that picture and you can take part in the Motorcycle Picture Game ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I been riding on chilly mornings 40F had to wear a hoodie under my riding jacket but if it's not raining and I can bear it I'm riding.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome too
Great to see you bought a blue one 😀
Here weather is still fine.
Temperatures around 10 - 15 Celsius and no rain !

Problem is that my blue Beamer is at the dealers for a new ‘water pump’
After the first service the Beamer started to lose coolant fluid and the new parts weren’t in the country.
They had to go to India and sneek into the factory to get some gaskets.
That trip going to and coming back from India took the dealer almost 3 months !!!!!!

This week everything will be fixed.
Little things like (probably) air in the front brake line, a clutch cable that is not really working smoothly and the closing of the gas tank.
By the time the Beamer will be back, the weather will be (hopefully) nice to put some kilometers on the clock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. I been riding on chilly mornings 40F had to wear a hoodie under my riding jacket but if it's not raining and I can bear it I'm riding.
That is how its been here so far! About 50 degrees F so cool enough to ride comfortably. Planning on taking her out next week when the temps reach around 55-60.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome too
Great to see you bought a blue one 😀
Here weather is still fine.
Temperatures around 10 - 15 Celsius and no rain !

Problem is that my blue Beamer is at the dealers for a new ‘water pump’
After the first service the Beamer started to lose coolant fluid and the new parts weren’t in the country.
They had to go to India and sneek into the factory to get some gaskets.
That trip going to and coming back from India took the dealer almost 3 months !!!!!!

This week everything will be fixed.
Little things like (probably) air in the front brake line, a clutch cable that is not really working smoothly and the closing of the gas tank.
By the time the Beamer will be back, the weather will be (hopefully) nice to put some kilometers on the clock.
Hopefully your Beamer is back to you soon :frown2: I am really happy with the warranty they offered for the bike, gives me a sense of reassurance if anything were to go wrong with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts