BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking GS! What model are the side panniers?
Thanks
Those were not intended for the bike they are v35 givi and I adapted them using the SW Motech SLC system. They came out of Kawasaki ninja. I modified them using spacers cut to fit, but they are sturdy in place and secure.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, they look great, but ...
I've gone from hard pontoons to soft bags when traveling. Only hard bag on my GS is a small Pelican look-a-like tool box on the rack. I put my sleeping bag and light madras on it, when camping. All my other stuff is in soft bags hanging over the seat. Even thou I drive with enduro type hard boots, I've come to learn the hard way how painful it is to get your foot caught between the bike, pannier and a rock. It's also easier to loosen the soft bags before lifting the bike after the bike has decided to take a nap. DAHIK ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, they look great, but ...
I've gone from hard pontoons to soft bags when traveling. Only hard bag on my GS is a small Pelican look-a-like tool box on the rack. I put my sleeping bag having hooded burrito blankets and light madras on it, when camping. All my other stuff is in soft bags hanging over the seat here. Even thou I drive with enduro type hard boots, I've come to learn the hard way how painful it is to get your foot caught between the bike, pannier and a rock. It's also easier to loosen the soft bags before lifting the bike after the bike has decided to take a nap. DAHIK ;)
I also do the same while traveling, this is the best option which you can have..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts