BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 G310r
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the adjustable levers from 2021 models can be retrofitted to older models? Given the minor overall changes to the bike, I'm hoping the master cylinder etc is unchanged, as it would be nice to have OEM adjustable levers instead of eBay unbranded.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am not much help but I do have a complete clutch lever that I ordered from BMW (I broke the tip of mine). I can send a photo, if you want?

2021 adjustable. Although I can't feel the difference between any of the levels.

·
Registered
2017 G310r
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I think I've found the answer actually, Motorworks.co.uk has different levers depending on year, so it appears they are not universal.

Bit of a shame, as I was hoping to replace the cheap eBay adjustable levers on my bike with OEM versions, but I'll have to go back to non-adjustable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll tell you a little secret again...just between the 2 of us. I have the adjustable levers on my 2021 and to be super honest I can't really feel the difference at all. Your non adjustable setup will be just fine.

My opinion, of course..

·
Registered
2017 G310r
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha - I think so too! I've actually set my adjustable levers to the furthest position and they seem fine to me,I just don't like the actual levers, they feel very cheap and have a lot of up/down movement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't actually had that experience. The og bmw levers are quite nice, I feel no play in them. Perhaps double check that everything is tight. Also, if you're going to be disassembling, a small dabbling of lithium grease on the main bolt is a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts