BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2022 G310R serviced today for the 600 mile check-in service. I live in Orlando Florida and Euro Cycles of Orlando charged me $394. It’s unbelievable they can charge you so much to basically do an oil change and lubricate the chain. They charged me for 2 hours of labor at $140/hr. I can do this myself. Why they charged for 2 hours of labor is a bit perplexing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had my 2022 G310R serviced today for the 600 mile check-in service. I live in Orlando Florida and Euro Cycles of Orlando charged me $394. It’s unbelievable they can charge you so much to basically do an oil change and lubricate the chain. They charged me for 2 hours of labor at $140/hr. I can do this myself. Why they charged for 2 hours of labor is a bit perplexing.
Here in the UK when my 2019 G310 was serviced by a BMW dealer I was charged £57 for less than 2 Litres of engine oil, 3 or 4 times of what the equivalent non-BMW motorcycle oil grade costs off the 'net'.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There’s actually a list of things that are supposed to be checked at the 600 mile point. Plus hook into the ECU to check for software upgrades and reset the reminder. Two hours labor seems about right. The World of BMW isn’t for cheap. You can save money and do the work yourself except software. Shop labor prices are crazy anymore, my dealer at $160/hr!! There are plenty oils out there meeting the standard, you don’t have to use BMW oil.
There are no cheap parts on a BMW

·
Registered
503 Posts
The cost of service was chapping my hide a bit. Then the wait times at the dealer started bugging me, as they were rarely ready for me at appointment time. And of course the 2-3 weeks ahead needed to schedule the appointment.

But the final straw was a workmanship slip.

I'll do my own service.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Almost always more satisfying and economical to do own maintenance. Irrespective of what unit it is. But not for everyone as demonstrated by how stacked repair shops are. There’s so many folks who use “somebody else”, with more being added daily. Around me, the shops I used to work in are aging out and will close in next couple years, not many young folks wish to be technicians apparently. It’s an outflow of the “throw it away, get a new one” concept. Triple frustrating as units have become so much easier to repair Compared to the Stone Age of non digital units.
All about self driving electric vehicles being the future. New Age a mixed bag, flow with it.
It does pay to maintain a dealer relation until the warranty is up. Changing the water pump yourself for instance would take the same time waiting for parts and cost over $500. Free under warrant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There’s actually a list of things that are supposed to be checked at the 600 mile point. Plus hook into the ECU to check for software upgrades and reset the reminder. Two hours labor seems about right. The World of BMW isn’t for cheap. You can save money and do the work yourself except software. Shop labor prices are crazy anymore, my dealer at $160/hr!! There are plenty oils out there meeting the standard, you don’t have to use BMW oil.
There are no cheap parts on a BMW
Let’s hope they actually go through the checklist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts